Ryder Cup 2014

Jamie_B

Most of my family stay within a 10 mile radius of Gleneagles. A lot of them actually work there.

I turned down tickets. For me, it's a the best televised sporting event bar none.

Especially on the Sunday if it is tight it's probably better to be parked in front of the telly to keep track of what's going on.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my family stay within a 10 mile radius of Gleneagles. A lot of them actually work there.

I turned down tickets. For me, it's a the best televised sporting event bar none.

Totally agree. The atmosphere will be good but the TV is the way to watch it all. Going on the Thursday for the opening ceremony and practice day.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree completely. With over 10k fans each day and only 4 games on the course at one time over the first day you'll hardly see a thing.

I'm going to get tickets for a practice day to walk the course, see the players close up and sample the atmosphere. Before becoming a couch potato for 3 days.

Swithering over going on the Wednesday or Thursday. Trying to trawl online so see historically when teams practice, and if they're all likely to play the full 18 or not as I can remember a few years ago the yanks only played 9 holes one of the practice days

Would be gutted to drive for 4 hours to hardly see any golf

I'm volunteering - buggy driver. Can't wait. :D

I'm working at it as a cleaner. Should be good - only golf match I've been to was a Johnnie Walker match years ago. Robert Karlsson was my adopted player that day.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working at it as a cleaner. Should be good - only golf match I've been to was a Johnnie Walker match years ago. Robert Karlsson was my adopted player that day.

Just been up and got my accreditation and uniform. Too many buggy drivers so I had the choice of grandstand marshal or hole marshal and I've gone for the latter.

Place was looking brilliant!

Good one. Before Poulter came to the range, Rory was the only player there we watched him for an hour or so going through his bag. First time I've seen him hit the driver. Like an exocet going off. :o

He was regularly hitting 400+ yard drives at a practice range in America this month. The tee area was 30 yards into a 298 yard range, and it had a 90 foot net at the end, he cleared both easily, and the ball ended up on a road :lol: He was also hitting 370+ with a three wood.

Terrifying to think he could easily put in three on the 618 yard, par 5, 9th hole

Going to the practice day tomorrow. Can't wait, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve!

USA teeing off at 8.30 at the 9th and Europe starting 9.30 at the1st according to the schedule, so get there early to see as much golf as you can.

Archived