19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

Shut up pete, i have no extreme views, other than the fact that these girls are completely complicit with what they did and deserve to be punished fully within Peruvian laws. I don't know what you work as but im pretty sure if i did i could throw a whole lot of anecdotes your way! My point stands, if any defence arises that these girls had no idea they were in peru to transport drugs etc then they are quite simply the stupidest people who have ever existed. If they claim they were forced into it etc this is also stupid, they are seasonal workers in spain and simply could have left. Unless the reports are significantly wrong then these girls tried to transport a serious quantity of drugs and deserve to be treated as hardened criminals. I don't see whats extreme about that but i'll leave it to you.

I think most people were taking issue with "don't deserve to live". Still, some quality goalpost-shifting, there.

I reckon they were told they'd make a fortune and chanced it. Now they've been caught.

If they weren't up for it, they could have notified the proper authorities at the airport and said they were being forced to carry it.

apparently they could still get jailed for doing that :blink:

Turns out they were chaperoned around Lima by a taxi driver and spending loads on shopping trips, living it up & having a ball. Hardly behaviour of two frightened girls at the mercy of drug lords.

Edited by bairney

I reckon they were told they'd make a fortune and chanced it. Now they've been caught.

If they weren't up for it, they could have notified the proper authorities at the airport and said they were being forced to carry it.

This. Every bit of it.

Question: What would happen if I killed somebody, openly admitted to it (after initially lying) and then said that I had to otherwise the person that told me to do it would hunt down my other half? Would I get a much more lenient punishment?

Turns out they were chaperoned around Lima by a taxi driver and spending loads on shopping trips, living it up & having a ball. Hardly behaviour of two frightened girls at the mercy of drug lords.

If this is proven to be true, adios bitches!

Absolutely no comeback from that when there are no facts on the defence side and everything so far points to the obvious.

Source for this?

If you were organising an international drugs run, would you take a chance on a couple of wee lassies who might squeal to the polis? Surely there are people who would willingly take on the task for the usual fee.

th41305234018danny%20gun%20shot.JPG

If you were organising an international drugs run, would you take a chance on a couple of wee lassies who might squeal to the polis? Surely there are people who would willingly take on the task for the usual fee.

Short of asking a couple of old biddies, that's exactly who you'd get to do it.