19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

So, because you've spoken to a handful of people who offend to get into prison, you're writing the whole system off? I walk past at least a dozen homeless people every day on the way to and from work, why are they not battering down the Bar-L's door for a bed and a meal?

You speak to many people who have been to prison and the one thing they all will agree on is that you can give them all the televisions, computers etc... but in the grand scheme, these things do not matter when you're deprived of your liberty.

You've not addressed my point on Norway either. A very lax system, even by our standards, yet they have a significantly lower reoffending rate than we do. Why is that?

In most of the Scandinavian countries people who are addicted to drugs etc have treatment or drugs paid for by insurance companies. This stops a lot of reoffending as there is little need to have to offend to get their next hit ! It saves the insurance continually being hit for housebreakings and thefts.

Saw her dad whinging about how she's spent a good part of early 20s in the pokey and how terrible it was.

She could have probably avoided that by not being a drug smuggler, tbf.

It is a strange case as I don't believe either of them are bad people or dangerous in any sort of way and they were definitely duped into this one way or another.

Having said that they did get caught with 12 kg of class A drugs.

It is a strange case as I don't believe either of them are bad people or dangerous in any sort of way and they were definitely duped into this one way or another.

Having said that they did get caught with 12 kg of class A drugs.

Why do you think the were duped? There was talk that they'd done this before, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Why do you think the were duped? There was talk that they'd done this before, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Aye 2 lassies in Ibiza probabaly thought it was talcum powder they were asked to carry  :rolleyes: 

I think they were lied to about the amount of drugs they were trying to take and the level of risk involved. Could be wrong of course.

Aye 2 lassies in Ibiza probabaly thought it was talcum powder they were asked to carry :rolleyes:

Aye this. They may have been daft and a bit stupid to think they would get away with it, but they knew what they were doing. I bet they were the decoy as well. 😉

Saw a BBC(?) reporter in the Peruvian jail she was at a while back. I'm no expert on prisons tbf, but it really didn't look all that bad. Nothing like the Vietnamese type prison which some folk seem to imagine and not that far off UK ones.

Daft lassies who got way out their depth. But everyone deserves a second chance.

However, if we start seeing endless Daily Record/Sun cash-in interviews then any sympathy my go......unless she's now as fit as the Irish one looked on release . If that's the case then max pictures please.

The Irish lass comes across pretty well and doesn't seem the scummy type, not to mention she'd get it. Haven't heard the Scottish one speak to any press or that.

No disputing the fact that they were both aware of what they were getting themselves into, however I don't think they fully knew the scale of the job.

The Irish lass comes across pretty well and doesn't seem the scummy type, not to mention she'd get it. Haven't heard the Scottish one speak to any press or that.

No disputing the fact that they were both aware of what they were getting themselves into, however I don't think they fully knew the scale of the job.

She was absolutely slaughtered for her RTE interview.