19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

• 3 months later...

Melissa Reid may be heading back to Scotland:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26910237

The Scots are considering an appeal?

This report just gives nothing but false hope to the girl imo. Personally I reckon she should spend the time in Peru. Pick up a new language rather than Pool skills.

• 3 months later...

I don't see why they should be able to get this transfer, they will probably be out of jail in the UK within a year or 2 for good behaviour. I watched a banged up abroad where there was a Scottish lad (who i think was from Inverness) and an English girl and they were still in jail in South America years on so why didn't they get transferred as well? If there are any Brits watching on who may be possibly persuaded to smuggle drugs then what sort of an example is this to be setting?

Absolute disgrace our tax money will go to keep this cow in jail for an offence committed in Peru whilst she was dealing coke in Spain.

You'll be glad to know that the UK also frequently saves it's taxpayers money by repatriating foreign criminals to serve their sentences in their country of origins for crimes committed in the UK.

We may end up paying a bit more or a bit less through this but to actually check this out would make you the kind of w****r that says "Well I didn't have rice" when the bill arrives

I don't see why they should be able to get this transfer, they will probably be out of jail in the UK within a year or 2 for good behaviour. I watched a banged up abroad where there was a Scottish lad (who i think was from Inverness) and an English girl and they were still in jail in South America years on so why didn't they get transferred as well? If there are any Brits watching on who may be possibly persuaded to smuggle drugs then what sort of an example is this to be setting?

Just 'daft wee lassies' to the media, ken.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...