19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

was reading about the appeal of granny Lindsay Sandiford, another innocent drug mule who was caught in Indonesia with 4.8Kg of cocaine worth a street value of 1.5 million.

http://www.metro.co.uk/2013/01/22/british-woman-lindsay-sandiford-sentenced-to-death-in-indonesia-over-drug-smuggling-3360987/

got me thinking, what streets are they referring to?

The Peru two were caught with 11Kg at a street value of 1.5 million!

How does that work then? Is it a quality issue or is the international smuggling of cocaine subject to world trade economics?

or something

was reading about the appeal of granny Lindsay Sandiford, another innocent drug mule who was caught in Indonesia with 4.8Kg of cocaine worth a street value of 1.5 million.

http://www.metro.co.uk/2013/01/22/british-woman-lindsay-sandiford-sentenced-to-death-in-indonesia-over-drug-smuggling-3360987/

How does that work then?  Is it a quality issue or is the international smuggling of cocaine subject to world trade economics? 

or something

I'd imagine it's a quality issue.

I looked it up, apparently about 80 years ago Indonesia was the worlds biggest exporter of cocaine. you would imagine thats some good shit so I reckon (on no evidence whatsover) that the quality would be similar.

or was lindsays haul already watered down with baby talc?

I looked it up, apparently about 80 years ago Indonesia was the worlds biggest exporter of cocaine. you would imagine thats some good shit so I reckon (on no evidence whatsover) that the quality would be similar.

or was lindsays haul already watered down with baby talc?

was reading about the appeal of granny Lindsay Sandiford, another innocent drug mule who was caught in Indonesia with 4.8Kg of cocaine worth a street value of 1.5 million.

How does that work then? Is it a quality issue or is the international smuggling of cocaine subject to world trade economics?

or something

I'd guess it's just how serious different countries take things. Steal something in the Middle East and you can get your hand chopped off which is just a tad different to the punishment to the same crime in the UK.

or something

it costs more in indonesia than in europe.

only the elite are taking coke in SE asia, plebs just lose their minds on yabba.

• 3 weeks later...

If she gets transferred to Scotland to serve her sentence it's a farce.

Hmmm... chance of coming home with £1.5 million and the worst case scenario is that you spend just 6-7 years, most of it in Scotland with the modern comforts? If that was the case, chancing the whole deal might be be a semi-tempting proposition.

Anyway, don't reduce the sentence just for pleading guilty, raise it up for playing around with the story and pissing off the police already.