19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

Assuming they're lying it'll take the Peruvians a couple of separate interviews with each of them to show up inconsistencies in their stories. Minor differences in their description of the "Cockney geezer" , the "safe house" in Majorca and the "Columbian gangsters", and their defence will fall apart.

Waht bugs me is these Countries bang on about people smuggling coke out but do bugger all about their own citizens that grow the stuff. They know where it is grown why can't they stop it at source - napthalm the feck out of them if need be. Should have done the same when we went into Afghanistan with the poppy growers.

Waht bugs me is these Countries bang on about people smuggling coke out but do bugger all about their own citizens that grow the stuff. They know where it is grown why can't they stop it at source - napthalm the feck out of them if need be. Should have done the same when we went into Afghanistan with the poppy growers.

They weren't growing opium when we went into Afghanistan, the Taliban had stamped it out.

What a well-researched, thought out post :lol:

Sellotaping coke to swallows was a better idea.

It's weird how the media are using words like "ordeal" and "plight" with regard to these girls.

Pair of idiots .

Both of those words would still be applicable even if they were completely guilty of all charges.

In the arrivals bit of Lima airport, they have a customs check where you press a button as you're about to walk through and a light flashes red or green with the obvious consequences for whether your stuff gets checked. Only time I've ever seen anything like that- I was relieved to get the green light but only because I'd had a shiter of a flight in and it was about 1 in the morning.

However I managed to avoid getting the jail for drug smuggling, with the simple trick of not transporting shitloads of ching out the country in my possessions.

Although, when I went to Singapore I was shitting myself that someone would have planted stuff in my backpack because of the death penalty there; irrational, I know.