19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

Watched the first two episodes and I thought now what I thought back then.
They’re both liars and they should still be locked up in Peru.

On 16/07/2021 at 19:28, Raidernation said:

When I used to work in engineering/sales in Scotland it was pre GPS, in fact pre Mapquest! I used to use a lot of road maps plus a generally good sense of direction. Usually once I’d been somewhere I could find it and my way back without assistance.

Found the same here, I know my way about the locality here and definitely the city of Chicago than any of my family who have lived here all their lives!

I'd be a bit like that.

54 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

People wanting her locked in some Peruvian torture pit for decades. She was only shifting a bit of coke FFS they weren't strangling kittens.

5 years max for strangling kittens apparently.

https://perureports.com/peru-to-jail-offenders-under-new-animal-cruelty-law/2720/

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, drug mules do no harm at all to wider society.......

.....apart from feeding addiction, wrecking lives, wrecking entire communities and funding organised crime across the world.

Drug addicts should be helped.

Drugs mules and anyone else involved in the food chain should be burned with fire.

What about drug mules who are addicted to cocaine? Do we set them on fire then put it out?

Just legalise it. Government takes over supply, ends criminal gangs dealing in cocaine, poor wee lassies won't be forced to carry gear-full suitcases to Peru, addicts get a cleaner drug and better support rather than thrown in jail, everybody is happy apart from the Helen Lovejoys ( @jimbaxters ).

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What about drug mules who are addicted to cocaine? Do we set them on fire then put it out?

Just legalise it. Government takes over supply, ends criminal gangs dealing in cocaine, poor wee lassies won't be forced to carry gear-full suitcases to Peru, addicts get a cleaner drug and better support rather than thrown in jail, everybody is happy apart from the Helen Lovejoys ( @jimbaxters ).

Who? The lassie that used to present Soccer Saturday?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yes to that second sentence. The "muling" trumps the addiction.

Funnily enough I am in agreement about legalising it.

You stop organised crime from being in charge of it and all the devastation that brings to communities everywhere.

Oh and you can get that "poor wee lassies forced to carry......" shite straight in the sea.

Those girls were and remain absolute scum.

The poor wee lassie bit was just a wind up but I don't agree they are scum. If we concede that cocaine could and perhaps should be legal, why are the folk transporting it now utter scum? Would the government be utter scum if they took over supply? Should we set the government on fire for taking over supply? It seems contradictory to me to despise those who deal cocaine whilst wanting government to take over that supply and regulate it. 

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Who? The lassie that used to present Soccer Saturday?

I think that's Jeff Stelling. 

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, drug mules do no harm at all to wider society.......

.....apart from feeding addiction, wrecking lives, wrecking entire communities and funding organised crime across the world.

Drug addicts should be helped.

Drugs mules and anyone else involved in the food chain should be burned with fire. They most CERTAINLY should not be allowed to media whore their way to a fortune on the back of their crime.

People bringing coke to the Balearics has a net greater positive impact on society and people's happiness than the harm caused

#memoriesthatlastalifetime 

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think this only works if it’s legalised everywhere, otherwise you still have criminal gangs and the devastation they cause involved somewhere down the line. I do agree it should be legalised though.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think this only works if it’s legalised everywhere, otherwise you still have criminal gangs and the devastation they cause involved somewhere down the line. I do agree it should be legalised though.

I don't think we'll ever get rid of criminal gangs entirely but limiting what they can do and where they can operate will always help. It would be ncie to have universal drug laws but that seems a long way off just now. 

Booze is legal and when you look at the devastation it causes it seems nuts that so many other drugs are illegal. Make them all available in Home Bargains I say.

Mind you, this country needs the govt to step in to limit how much sugar goes in Irn Bru so few knows how we’d get on with unlimited cocaine. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Booze is legal and when you look at the devastation it causes it seems nuts that so many other drugs are illegal. Make them all available in Home Bargains I say.

Mind you, this country needs the govt to step in to limit how much sugar goes in Irn Bru so few knows how we’d get on with unlimited cocaine. 

I'm not advocating unlimited cocaine, you should be able to go and pick up a gram or two if you so please though (can we make it B&M? There's no Home Bargains in Dumbarton). 

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The poor wee lassie bit was just a wind up but I don't agree they are scum. If we concede that cocaine could and perhaps should be legal, why are the folk transporting it now utter scum? Would the government be utter scum if they took over supply? Should we set the government on fire for taking over supply? It seems contradictory to me to despise those who deal cocaine whilst wanting government to take over that supply and regulate it. 

I think that's Jeff Stelling. 

Haha. I meant Soccer AM.

33 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

America tried to ban booze once.  Look how prohibition turned out.  Broadly similar to how the drug trade is now.  This actually supports the argument that drugs should be legal.  Prohibiting something doesn't stop people from getting it.  It simply criminalises them but also drives up the price making it lucrative for criminals to supply the banned substances.