Post drinking doom/fear

ka202

Has anyone woke up with the fear having actually done something really bad?

Yes, two or three times in my wilder days. I actually ended up agreeing to work from 6am to midday on a Sunday just so I could avoid certain people at work

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone woke up with the fear having actually done something really bad? I've done loads of daft shit, but thankfully it was all years ago. Don't think I could handle a proper fear session anymore.

Yes - not long ago i started drinking my dads whisky as was all out of beer - the next day i woke up with the ultimate guilt and shame of having drunk whisky and it was one of the worst feelings i have ever had

Have had it after a heavy night on the pills many a time - basically just waiting for someone to come up to me on the street and tell me that i had killed someone the night before. Awful feeling.

God, it's giving me a bit of fear reading this. But it's also made me very glad I gave up binge drinking. Not that I wasn't already but this thread just reminds me of how bad it could be.

Its a good thing to give up - you need a scare or two to get some perspective of it all - its there to be enjoyed after all and your meant to be having a good time so when you start feeling like this you need to ask yourself if its worth it. i went from 18 - 23 caning it at every opportunity pretty much and although i felt hellish a lot of the time i just brushed it off and it was forgotten about by the following weekend when i would do it all again. Now that i have calmed down somewhat i have no intention of being ill or feeling as bad as i felt sometimes back then - still drink at every opportunity but just stick to beers and wine and good company rather than going hell for leather. Will prob only take a class A once in a blue moon - went mad on it at TITP but doubt i will do it again til next years one. When it comes to the fear people need to know their limits and it takes time to do this i think!

I went out last weekend with my work.

Ended up absolutely blootered. Don't remember anything past about half 1. Woke up on Sunday morning, spewed my ringer then the fear set in.

Faced work on Monday still hanging like curtains. Discovered I walked home myself at this point.

I didn't even do anything fear worthy. I think it's just the blank spots in your memory that leave you in a state of terror.

I went out last weekend with my work.

Ended up absolutely blootered. Don't remember anything past about half 1. Woke up on Sunday morning, spewed my ringer then the fear set in.

Faced work on Monday still hanging like curtains. Discovered I walked home myself at this point.

I didn't even do anything fear worthy. I think it's just the blank spots in your memory that leave you in a state of terror.

Yeah its horrible - i went through a phase of getting the fear but then got over it and completely haven't given a f**k since, i was totally mortified at myself once and all i had done was mouth off to some guy like people do when they're drunk but it was eating away at me as i felt so guilty and terrified. Once i snapped out of it i didn't care - its all the drink/drugs playing tricks with your mind. Once you realise that the fear goes away

Few weeks ago I woke-up and couldn't remember getting home from the night-out. Opened up BBC News and found this in the Edinburgh section.The fear kicked-in and I started to think it could of been me who had vandalised it on the walk home.

Sat in the pub having a quiet beer, and F.E.A.R by Ian Brown comes on the jukebox. :lol:

The worst fear has to be when you know you haven't done anything wrong, can remember everything from the night before, but you've still got that lingering feeling at the back of your mind that you've done something dreadful, even though you know you haven't.

Two today- I definitely have a recollection of going for a piss in the street on the walk home from town at 2am last night, thinking it was a bit in plain view, then going for a piss a few hundred yards down the road.

I have no idea where either of these places were.

Also, woke up with really sore arms thinking I must have done something last night, only a few minutes ago did I remember i spent most of the afternoon humphing stuff about.

Has anyone woke up with the fear having actually done something really bad? I've done loads of daft shit, but thankfully it was all years ago. Don't think I could handle a proper fear session anymore.

After being seriously fucked up on pills at TITP one year I had a really bad feeling that I'd phoned a friend up and told him that I'd shagged his bird (which I hadn't). Days later I managed to piece it all together and what had actually happened was that I'd phoned him up to let him listen to the Foo Fighters and to tell him that I'd just met some dude that had the same name as his girlfriend (a truly mind-blowing situation given my psychoactive state). At the back of my mind I must have just had the three bits of information 'friend', 'friend's girlfriend' and 'phonecall' and turned it into the worst scenario possible.

• 2 months later...

Happy New Fear. :(

Wish I'd stayed in last night, I'm too old for this shite.

Remember the bells vaguely, nothing else.

Today I'm shakier than Shakin Stevens in an earthquake.

Happy New Fear. :(

Wish I'd stayed in last night, I'm too old for this shite.

Remember the bells vaguely, nothing else.

Today I'm shakier than Shakin Stevens in an earthquake.

This completely , as soon as the fear passed (about an hour ago :( ) the cringe came

This completely , as soon as the fear passed (about an hour ago :( ) the cringe came

I'm not at that stage yet.

Came home wearing someone else's coat so no keys or bank cards.

Only found out about the keys when I popped out to the shop and said to her "do you know where my keys are?", she replied, "you left them in the pub, I let you in last night" :(

Apart from that it's been like a sponsored silence in here, so don't know the full extent of my fuckwittery.

I was in my mate's pub so phoned him earlier to ask if my coat was there and let him know I had someone else's coat, he said it was then started giggling and asked if I could talk.

I just said no. :(

Archived