Post drinking doom/fear

ka202

just went out 4 a fag and kept thinking when i went back upstairs that someone was trying to break in my house. I have mental health issues and my heart is racing

No valium or spliff stashed away?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welshbairn i have fluoxetine and proponol. Thats my usual meds. Feel like i have majorly fucked up in some way. Just keep questionin myself and waiting for the police to chap my door

Aye, but what team do you really support?

Taking Ecstasy reduces the fear.

There's the post-Ecstasy cringe, about things you've said/done. I'm really bad for asking people really vain questions or talking to some stranger, then asking for their name to add on facebook. Absolutely cringeworthy behaviour. I prefer the fear.

jamam amen brother. At last someone that knows and fears the fear. I know the best thing is to ride it out. But keep thinking i have went too far this time. Trying to piece 2gether exactly what i have done these past few days. I couldnt handle the jail. I just want a quiet life

jamam amen brother. At last someone that knows and fears the fear. I know the best thing is to ride it out. But keep thinking i have went too far this time. Trying to piece 2gether exactly what i have done these past few days. I couldnt handle the jail. I just want a quiet life

I have come to the conclusion, it's that one drink that that tips you over the edge, makes you lose your memory, that makes you get the fear. As soon as I get any kind of memory loss whatsoever that's me done the next day and as I get older it takes less and less drink to do this. If you could know when that drink was going to be, you could stop the next day fear from happening. I will never be able to do this though as I have too much of a good time while drinking.

i had a few years of drinking and drug taking til i got the fear - was about 20/21 when i remember getting it on a sunday after a normal night out in the pub, just had a black out and i was genuinely terrified about what i might have done. i also happened to work with a complete and utter c**t, one of those guys who watches whats going on and reminds you of it when you are at your lowest so he would usually fill me in with what i did on the monday morning, it was never that bad obviously and the feeling was mostly in my head.

Nowadays its the main thing that stops me going out at the weekend, get pretty bad anxiety and my head will be mush for a few days so it just doesn't seem like a good time for me any more.

I've found the key to not getting the fear, or not getting it as bad as I used to is to go out with people that won't care about what you do or say, regardless of how shocking and/or cringeworthy it is.

The likes of Fuctifano, Adam, Smurph, staggy4life and dave285 are just bad people. Ideal drinking partners.

I've found the key to not getting the fear, or not getting it as bad as I used to is to go out with people that won't care about what you do or say, regardless of how shocking and/or cringeworthy it is.

The likes of Fuctifano, Adam, Smurph, staggy4life and dave285 are just bad people. Ideal drinking partners.

There was a time that I'd have been on this list. Getting old is shit. :(

I literally can't remember anything I did between around 11pm on Saturday night and 9am on Sunday, when I woke up. I lost my jacket and my house keys. I managed t get home by myself from Firewater to the hotel I was staying in, despite not knowing Glasgow at all. I could've killed someone in that time. I literally checked the BBC website to see if there had been any awful crimes committed in glasgow in that time the next day.

I literally can't remember anything I did between around 11pm on Saturday night and 9am on Sunday, when I woke up. I lost my jacket and my house keys. I managed t get home by myself from Firewater to the hotel I was staying in, despite not knowing Glasgow at all. I could've killed someone in that time. I literally checked the BBC website to see if there had been any awful crimes committed in glasgow in that time the next day.

Don't think that will help answer your question tbh

It is very rare for me to have one, probably why it helps when I do.

Yeah that might be it. It just made me worse, and made me spew on occasion aswell

Let's just cut to the chase here - did you wake up sobbing uncontrollably??

My bets are: You came home around 10:45pm and fell asleep 15 minutes later. A solid sleep and you woke up at 9am the next day.

My bets are: You came home around 10:45pm and fell asleep 15 minutes later. A solid sleep and you woke up at 9am the next day.

Yep. Just about managed to get your shoes off, ate one bit out of the pakora you bought, stuck on a DVD and didn't make it past the opening credits before spending a night snoring and farting on the couch. That's how it normally works for me.

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

Whilst drinking with fellow scumbags helps with the fear of having said / done something inappropriate, it doesn't help with the feeling of doom on a Sunday afternoon or the night demons on a Sunday night after a Friday and Saturday on the lash.

Archived