Post drinking doom/fear

ka202

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

major bout of The Fear earlier. Keep tellin myself 'embrace the fear' but just keep gettin paranoid. Watched an episode of banged up abroad last nite. Was convinced the police were going to chap my door any minute but i hadnt done anythin wrong. My advice is always to embrace the fear. But sometimes it just takes over. Got steamin again last nite so expectin another bout of The Fear in the nxt day or so

I'm not at that stage yet.

Came home wearing someone else's coat so no keys or bank cards.

Only found out about the keys when I popped out to the shop and said to her "do you know where my keys are?", she replied, "you left them in the pub, I let you in last night" :(

Apart from that it's been like a sponsored silence in here, so don't know the full extent of my fuckwittery.

Not had one drink since Hogmanay.

It was a bad bout of the fear.

plannin on gettin loads to eat at terco but its going to take a lot of courage. Tryin to avoid eye contact with anyone. It will be a case of going when its quiet 2mro and making a bee line 4 the self service checkout and getting out as fast as i can

I find that sitting in an empty bath, running a cold shower onto my back and holding onto my knees whilst slowly rocking back and forth is as good a remedy as any for the old fear.

I find that sitting in an empty bath, running a cold shower onto my back and holding onto my knees whilst slowly rocking back and forth is as good a remedy as any for the old fear.

I did that for the first week of 2014.

Sobbing at the same time helps a bit.

I did that for the first week of 2014. Sobbing at the same time helps a bit.
As much as these two work, I can confirm that doing so whilst wearing large industrial earphones to get rid of the voices doesn't work.

It's the toughest thing ever, but a decent walk always seems to help. It's the initial getting out of bed that's the killer. Last time I was heavy on it, I was in bed literally all the next day, save to go for a pee and answer the door for a pizza. I hate seeing other people whilst hungover, it's such a depressant the ol' drink, made worse everytime I do drink now by the fact that I drink far less.

I often get this on Sundays after a heavy Friday and Saturday. It feels a bit like a panic attack - heart racing, shortness of breath, pins & needles right down both arms and a genuine belief that i'm about to die. Even after i've calmed down a bit i find it hard to sleep, i'll be just about to nod off then i'll suddenly wake up with a sharp intake of breath thinking that my heart is about to stop beating.

I've never reall found a cure for it although i'd say that three cans of lager is about the right amount to take the edge off of it without carrying the problem over to the next day.

You need to get yir hole sad sack's ? :P

been on the drink the past few days and The Fear is kicking in. Keep hearing voices in my head and convinced every1 was staring at me in town earlier. I am convinced i have royally fucked up but dont know what i have done. I want to embrace The Fear but its fuckin overwhelming so back on the drink again

I often get this on Sundays after a heavy Friday and Saturday. It feels a bit like a panic attack - heart racing, shortness of breath, pins & needles right down both arms and a genuine belief that i'm about to die. Even after i've calmed down a bit i find it hard to sleep, i'll be just about to nod off then i'll suddenly wake up with a sharp intake of breath thinking that my heart is about to stop beating.

I've never reall found a cure for it although i'd say that three cans of lager is about the right amount to take the edge off of it without carrying the problem over to the next day.

I ended up in Accident and Emergency one night due to what you described here :lol:

Genuinely thought I was having a heart attack when I got pins and needles in my arm then my heart started beating out my chest. Got told by the nurse that my heart was fine after an ECG and I haveng had it since.

Archived