Post drinking doom/fear

ka202

Does anyone else get this as bad as me?

Just back from the wickerman lying in the bath feeling terrible. Not really anything wrong with me just feels like a dark cloud looming over me. Sweating then freezing cold then my heart racing (never took any drugs btw), feeling completely agitated and really uneasy, and thinking to myself I'm about to die. Does anyone out there know how to get rid of this feeling?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else get this as bad as me?

Just back from the wickerman lying in the bath feeling terrible. Not really anything wrong with me just feels like a dark cloud looming over me. Sweating then freezing cold then my heart racing (never took any drugs btw), feeling completely agitated and really uneasy, and thinking to myself I'm about to die. Does anyone out there know how to get rid of this feeling?

What did you drink, turps?

What did you drink, turps?

Can't really remember, drank from Thursday though. At one point I got told I was drinking a pint of red wine/absinthe cocktail with some cider topping it up.

Can't really remember, drank from Thursday though. At one point I got told I was drinking a pint of red wine/absinthe cocktail with some cider topping it up.

:D

There was some young guy at TITP last year sitting on the walk from the campsite in tears because he had just drank a bottle of absinthe & couldn't remember how to blink his eyes... :D

I was thinking about trying to go for a run to sweat some of it out but I've been told I could have a heart attack doing this. Don't know if this is true or not

Yep, that's defo 100x worse than going for a hot bath

If you've been constantly on the lash for the last three days, you'll have depressed your system to the point where normality doesn't feel normal anymore. As a result your anxiety levels will be through the roof, and what you'll be feeling is to all intents & purposes a panic attack.

Just ride it out - you'll probably still feel like shit tomorrow, but without the fear factor :)

Holy shitfuck!!!

Lie in a cold bath with a tub next to it and drink about 3 gallons of water. You may want an optional cool flannel over your forehead.

Hydration's definitely the way ahead. Keep us posted man, this sounds worrying.

I also get this sometimes. When I am hungover sometimes I get anxious speaking to folk and especially when I am being driven by someone I keep thinking they are going to crash. Doesn't happen everytime probably more likely after big nights/weekends.

There was some young guy at TITP last year sitting on the walk from the campsite in tears because he had just drank a bottle of absinthe & couldn't remember how to blink his eyes... :D

Was he blinking as he was crying?

Archived