Stranraer V Sons

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% sure. Archie Campbell and Mitch Megginson receiving the ball in dangerous positions, Kirkpatrick and Agnew getting the ball in midfield, Van Zanten having a chance on the wing to get a cross in. What happens next is up to them, one player can only do so much.

It seems to me that Nish often doesn't compete for high balls. If an opposing defender impedes him, even slightly, he simply holds his hands out looking for a foul - which he never gets. This happened several times yesterday. If he won some, then so he should as the tallest man on the park. Beaten too often for my liking.

4 Wins and 21 Losses :lol: diddy cup anyway

You are correct,it is the worst record in the competition.

I thought along those lines yesterday - do we have the most rank-rotten record of any team that's ever played in this competition?

Yup, my post last year so now its 4 wins and 22 losses :lol:

It seems to me that Nish often doesn't compete for high balls. If an opposing defender impedes him, even slightly, he simply holds his hands out looking for a foul - which he never gets. This happened several times yesterday. If he won some, then so he should as the tallest man on the park. Beaten too often for my liking.

he's 6'7" not 12'7"

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same game as others. Fleming, whilst he did have a very good game, won almost nothing in the air. Nish came on and was excellent before his injury, and won the lion's share of high balls up against big McKeown - far from 'hopeless'.

Congratulations to Stranraer who I hope go far in the competition.

I counted one header in the first half that Garry didn't win, he was having a good game and deserved the full match in my opinion. Murray wanted to experiment, fair enough but one thing I don't understand is his constant shoe horning of Bryan Prunty into midfield. The guy is the best finisher we've got and we're playing him in a position he isn't effective in. Making that sub with half an hour to go after having already made two at half time was a risk that didn't pay off, lesson learned.

We were far too narrow in the second half and the service was poor to the front two. Having said that, Campbell had two good chances and missed them both. I don't mind Murray trying things out before the league starts, he's clearly trying to have us play a different way but I just hope we don't try and be too possession based, there was a hell of a lot of sideways/backwards passing which is fine if you do it quickly and exploit the space it creates but I felt a couple of times we could have moved forward but chose the more defensive ball. Time will tell.

Archived