Royal Baby, due today 22 July

Has this bloke appeared on any of the UK news stories? He pops up all the time on the Aussie news coverage of the birth. He comes across as a complete fruit cake.

397384-35d44454-f2bd-11e2-86b2-db7941f36

Deegas, seconds after throwing up another infinitely shite post on the Independence thread

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely a future Engerlund goalkeeper IMHO.

Would be pretty cool having your own king captain your king at the world cup.

The funny thing is that this future king of 'ours' wouldn't be entitled to play for Scotland (even under the Robbie Stockdale) rule, right?

Would be pretty cool having your own king captain your king at the world cup.

The funny thing is that this future king of 'ours' wouldn't be entitled to play for Scotland (even under the Robbie Stockdale) rule, right?

Don't think so.

Wasn't the Queen Mother born at Glamis though? Would have made Harry and William eligible.

Shock! Cabbie picks up fare. This is considered 'news' by the BBC. Maybe the Orcs are correct, the BBC stinks.

A London cab driver has described her shock at being asked to pick up the Duchess of Cambridge's parents from the hospital where the royal baby was born.

Tracey Mitchell, from the Isle of Dogs, east London, picked up Carole and Michael Middleton from St Mary's Hospital in west London on Tuesday.

She said when she was told who she would be picking up her "jaw nearly hit the floor".

She drove the Middletons to Kensington Palace.

"I had no idea I was picking them up," she said.

Once she had found out who she was picking up, she said waiting for them was "a mad-mad 10 to 15 minutes of my life".

'Bewildered by it'

"It is unbelievable," she added. "Not in a million years would I have ever thought I'd be picking up someone like that."

"If I knew, I would have done something with my hair, put my make-up on and made myself a bit more presentable," she said.

_68955072_40f9f299-0126-4431-8ef2-591aa2Tracey Mitchell drove the cab that picked up Catherine's parents

"I was bewildered by it all."

She was asked if she overheard their conversation.

"I didn't really hear anything, which was a shame.

"Carole took a call and Michael looked quietly across the view of Hyde Park," she said.

"Once they got out at the end, I congratulated them on the arrival of their grandson. They said 'thank you very much'.

"They were lovely people. They seemed really nice and pleasant," she added.

She said the first thing she did afterwards was phone her husband to say "I can't believe what I've just been part of".

"My husband was laughing," she said. "He thought it was hysterical."

Has this bloke appeared on any of the UK news stories? He pops up all the time on the Aussie news coverage of the birth. He comes across as a complete fruit cake.

397384-35d44454-f2bd-11e2-86b2-db7941f36

No novelty. There are thousands like him in Partick. Sadly.

Saw a bit on the news re them presenting the kid to the press outside the hospital. That baby has freakishly big hands.

Well suited for manual labour in the gulags then. :P

• 11 months later...

Archived