The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:05, nsr said:
  • Since when can Force ghosts interact with the physical world?

Return of the Jedi,

you're welcome.

Return of the Jedi,
you're welcome.
When? I don't mean Yoda talking to Luke. I mean Yoda summoning a lightning strike to destroy that old tree where the Jedi Haynes manuals were kept.

Obi-Wan sits on a tree log. Clear interaction with the real world.

If he's really a ghost then he has no need to do so.

Not pedantry, poor wording on your point - particularly your use of the words "interact with the physical world"

Return of the Jedi clearly shows that, not my fault you don't know the meaning of the words you are using.

4 hours ago, drs said:

Not pedantry, poor wording on your point - particularly your use of the words "interact with the physical world"

Return of the Jedi clearly shows that, not my fault you don't know the meaning of the words you are using.

The point I was actually making was that if Ghost Yoda can summon a lightning strike in the physical world and actually damage stuff with it, why has he never shown up at crucial moments to do this before? That might have been handy when, say, Luke was confronting Palpatine. Whether Ghost Obi Wan was capable of getting splinters up his spectral arse does nothing to answer that question.

Anyway, ghost/hologram characters in TV/films can always sit/stand on solid objects even when we're explicitly told they're not able to interact with the physical world (see Rimmer in Red Dwarf for an example). It's a common cheat to get around the fact that the actor is still a physical human being who can't phase through solid matter. But you knew that.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I imagine there will be more like this as it ends it's run this season. Still some top work.

Funny that it was kinda expected given how rebels leads into the original trilogy, still didnt make it any easier when it happened, if they wrote that part as good as that, imagine what they have in store for the series finale

54 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Funny that it was kinda expected given how rebels leads into the original trilogy, still didnt make it any easier when it happened, if they wrote that part as good as that, imagine what they have in store for the series finale

In a world where most show's characters 'die' and comeback, which has somewhat diminished a death for me of late.

Rebels has a real chance of setting itself apart from a lot of other shows by these characters, who we've grown to love over the last three-four years die without this issue and letting each one of them resonate for it. 

If I'd given half a f**k about any of the characters other than the Robot in Rogue One, it would more or less be to that effect.

Cracking finale to rebels 

so they all lived, i guess the creators wanted a happyish ending, plus in usual star wars mode there's a chance they'll input the characters somewhere down the line, would love to see ahsoka or kanans wean introduced at somepoint in the future star wars films