The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Disney is a massive entertainment company which owns, amongst other things, the ABC television network and Marvel Comics. It doesnt mean Daffy Duck is going to be a character in Star Wars 7, or even that Pixar will be anywhere near it.

Spot on. They own so many production companies that this is really just another deal.

Lucas gets out, the franchise gets a new start and another generation will buy all the stuff again.

Who would you recast as Luke, Han and Leia?

Thats the problem.

Do you take the gamble and carry on the storylines in a similar arc to the books which are pretty much liked by the fanboys with new actors and face their wrath (aka Hayden Christenson stylee) or do you bring back the original actors (now that GL isnt involved) with the new stars being the offspring of Leia and Han

Suspsect they might do it as a timeline futher down the line and introduce new characters

I doubt any of them would consider it.

This is a great move for the franchise.

Disney have proven they can breath new life into old projects (Tron, The Muppets) and I didn't hear anyone complain about Avengers Assemble. They will chose absolutely the right guys to look after it. Lucas is hanging about as some consultant but it sounds more like the role he took in Empire. Pixar will be nowhere near these movies as Disney have the rights to ILM as well.

Does the deal include the rights to Indiana Jones and Howard the Duck?

The Sky News article I saw said it did for Indiana Jones, didn't mention Howard the Duck (ohmy.gif) but if Star Wars and Indiana Jones are then it probably is as well.

The article said there was no plans for Indiana Jones at the moment.

I doubt any of them would consider it.

This is a great move for the franchise.

Disney have proven they can breath new life into old projects (Tron, The Muppets) and I didn't hear anyone complain about Avengers Assemble. They will chose absolutely the right guys to look after it. Lucas is hanging about as some consultant but it sounds more like the role he took in Empire. Pixar will be nowhere near these movies as Disney have the rights to ILM as well.

Yup. I'd rather keep the actors as relatively unknown gems as it worked extremely well the first time around.

Maybe I was still to busy seething from my thoughts of the first trilogy, but the more I think about it, the more I believe this might not be bad for Disney to take over, as Lucas will have relatively f**k all influence in it, not to mention the warchest of funds they'll have in turning the Thrawn Saga (maybe shouldn't have clicked GTG's spoilers) into something. I'm not however so keen on a film every two-three years after it.

It does indeed.Although Howard the Duck it not exactly a coup.