The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

So...Palpatine has discovered a way to avoid death and has manipulated the events of the current trilogy?

Sign me fucking up.

...by using Snoke as an avatar? Sounds like a desperate attempt to remind people what they liked about the original trilogy. I would rather see where Rian Johnson would have taken things rather than having a thinly disguised rehash of Return of the Jedi complete with Lando Caldrissian from JJ Abrams. Geekdom is upset with the wrong director, because having the main hero character be a flawless "Mary Sue" made it more difficult than it should have been to take the main story arc anywhere interesting.

JJ to go with a time jump and a large memory wipe leaving a knocked up Rey pregnant to Kylo living on Tattooine sold into slavery and now called Shmi...... [emoji23]

5 hours ago, Loki said:

JJ to go with a time jump and a large memory wipe leaving a knocked up Rey pregnant to Kylo living on Tattooine sold into slavery and now called Shmi...... emoji23.png

...and working as a pole dancer at a cantina in Mos Eisley in a Princess Leia slavegirl costume for one of the Hutts setting back the cause of feminism by at least forty years. Jar Jar Binks is revealed to have been Snoke and members of the cast of Game of Thrones wander in randomly at various points trying to find Brienne.

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and working as a pole dancer at a cantina in Mos Eisley in a Princess Leia slavegirl costume for one of the Hutts setting back the cause of feminism by at least forty years. Jar Jar Binks is revealed to have been Snoke and members of the cast of Game of Thrones wander in randomly at various points trying to find Brienne.

I'd watch that.

Would still be better than the prequels.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:14, cmontheloknow said:

Endor was a gas giant but apparently had other moons - this could be a largely oceanic one.  The wreckage seems to be a bit of the dish's edge.

I took it to be DS2 wreckage on another moon of Endor. The one in RotJ was referred to as the 'forest moon of Endor' so this could be an 'Oceanic (or other water-related term) moon of Endor'.

Palpatine cloning himself could be what happened. Would be a nice wee nod to the Thrawn trilogy that included cloning.

Interested to see a ship that looks very similar to the one shown leaving Jakku in TFA hinting at Rey's parents appearing in this film, either in the present or through a flashback. Don't recall many or any flashbacks other than that one of Rey watching her parents leave so more likely to be them appearing in the present, if they do at all.

15 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I took it to be DS2 wreckage on another moon of Endor. The one in RotJ was referred to as the 'forest moon of Endor' so this could be an 'Oceanic (or other water-related term) moon of Endor'.

Palpatine cloning himself could be what happened. Would be a nice wee nod to the Thrawn trilogy that included cloning.

Interested to see a ship that looks very similar to the one shown leaving Jakku in TFA hinting at Rey's parents appearing in this film, either in the present or through a flashback. Don't recall many or any flashbacks other than that one of Rey watching her parents leave so more likely to be them appearing in the present, if they do at all.

The forest moon definitely has oceans / water though...

567ae13edd0895c3058b4787-750-563.jpg

I read an interesting theory about Rey which goes back to TFA (and from a personal perspective, something i noted watching that in terms of her fighting style vs Kylo after he said 'the force' to her - which was highly reminiscent of another lightsabre-wielding character). I can't find the link right now but it was interesting none the less.

Edited by cmontheloknow

On 12/04/2019 at 21:38, NotThePars said:

I was a fan of how much Rian Johnson subverted virtually every Star Wars nerd's theories on where the trilogy was going.

Out of curiosity, why did you consider that a good thing? The problem was he subverted all of the fans' expectations with something far worse than they were expecting. He did an absolutely terrible job of telling a story or writing plausible character interactions.