The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I have a problem with Solo.

Spoiler

All the way through, this movie talks about the Empire. He joins the Empire. Leaves the Empire.  There's an Imperial blockade. Empire, empire empire. So - this movie is set between episodes 3 and 4 then, right? The empire didn't exist until episode 3.

So how is Darth Maul - who dies in episode 1 before the Empire was formed - show up???

Maul has popped up in The Clone Wars and Rebels series and it's been established for a while now that he survived Episode 1.  I think it's been their way of appeasing folk who thought his character was hard done by getting bumped off in Episode 1 when he was one of the few bright lights in it.

Enjoyed solo. Thought Woody Harrelson and Donald Glover were excellent. Great to see Darth Maul, and definitely see why there is such a strong bond between Han Solo and Chewy. Who was the other wookie chewy went back to help when slaves were freed.?. bit random tbh. Thought Jabba would be in it, but they cover that at the end.. All together decent.

• 2 weeks later...

Where Lucas’ story would have gone has thus far been kept pretty much under wraps. But an eagle-eyed Twitter user, Livio Ramdondelli, has spotted real clues in the companion book for the TV show James Cameron’s Story Of Science Fiction (that's playing on AMC in the US).

In that book, Lucas states that in his take on the next three Star Wars films – Episodes VII to IX – they “were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force”.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-wars/58421/george-lucas-on-his-star-wars-sequels-that-never-were

<insert Clint Eastwood gif here>

• 2 weeks later...
The droid was utterly awful in Solo

Agreed. Stupid sassy robot, a terrible idea.

I think an Obi Wan movie is on the cards but I won’t accept it if Ewan McGregor isn’t picked to play him. It can be absolutely no one else, has to be him or it’s a travesty.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, captainkev said:

So that's Palpatine laughing at the end of the trailer, right?

Love that Lando's back.

I was hoping Rey would have moved from Anakin/Luke's old broken lightsabre and have one of her own by now though.

When they played the trailer in the States, the cast (who had been on stage) all left and then in wandered...

Edited by cmontheloknow

FARKING HELL! Incredible teaser.

[mention=33876]captainkev[/mention] Kylo and Rey split Anakin’s old blue lightsaber in half fighting over it in Snoke’s throne room

Never mind captain I didn’t read your post properly in my excitement. You already said it was broken