The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Put me in the "it was good but not fantastic" camp too.

Spoiler

Everyone seems to love the new droid but me - the humour from C3PO and R2-D2 was almost unintentional but here it was forced. I didn't mind zombie Tarkin or the Chinese dude but ultimately since the opening hour or so jumped about so much I never really cared for any of the characters and while the last hour was like an old World War II Epic (which I loved as I'm a fan of that genre) the ending to that battle was a letdown and it was only the last 3 minutes (CGI Princess aside) that redeemed it. 

Not sure, but they're having to rewrite large parts of the 9th movie. A few reports say that Leia had a larger amount of screen time in the last one than the 8th.

mid season trailer for rebels looks absolutely fucking superb

The end is superb. Apparently they have answers relating to the fate of other characters in this half of the season.

11 hours ago, mizfit said:

The end is superb. Apparently they have answers relating to the fate of other characters in this half of the season.

Given how the last season finished, i cannot believe that ahsoka tano hasnt been mentioned once 

I have a feeling there will be death galore, rex will be first imo, going out in a firey blaze shouting "for the republic" zeb and chopper go out together, chopper doing something and zeb staying to protect him, probably something to do with fulcrum as well, maybe fulcrum is the one that takes thrawn out in revenge for the death of zeb

Kanan, sabine and ezra will die allowing hera and the ghost to escape with something vital, and hera takes the ghost into battle that we seen in rogue one 

Oh and obi wan finally finishes off darth maul

Thats my thinking, probably all wrong lol

Given how the last season finished, i cannot believe that ahsoka tano hasnt been mentioned once 
I have a feeling there will be death galore, rex will be first imo, going out in a firey blaze shouting "for the republic" zeb and chopper go out together, chopper doing something and zeb staying to protect him, probably something to do with fulcrum as well, maybe fulcrum is the one that takes thrawn out in revenge for the death of zeb
Kanan, sabine and ezra will die allowing hera and the ghost to escape with something vital, and hera takes the ghost into battle that we seen in rogue one 

I've seen Maul mentioned as a possible villain for an Obi-Wan solo film, so hopefully he doesn't quite finish him off.

27 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I don't think Ezra or Kanan will die, I think they'll survive and go into hiding, and reemerge in the next animated series or something.

Doubt it given there is not a jot mentioned about them in the original trilogy and TFA, rebels is supposed to lead into Rogue one if memory serves me right 

Why are people thinking characters will die this season? Is this the last season of Rebels??

Assuming it's not then the only one of the main guys I can see dying is Rex. He is perfect fodder for killing off/having a meaningful death without really affecting the dynamic of the show or characters.

Ezra is a stick on to go to the dark side and end up killing Kanan. Wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in episode 8 or 9 as a mega villain. Hopefully he gets to pump Sabine at some point too.

2 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Why are people thinking characters will die this season? Is this the last season of Rebels??

Assuming it's not then the only one of the main guys I can see dying is Rex. He is perfect fodder for killing off/having a meaningful death without really affecting the dynamic of the show or characters.

Ezra is a stick on to go to the dark side and end up killing Kanan. Wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in episode 8 or 9 as a mega villain. Hopefully he gets to pump Sabine at some point too.

it was always rumoured that rebels would do 3 seasons maybe 4 but lead into rogue one, and with confirmation (as much as i could find that is) that chopper was indeed on the yavin 4 base (there's pictures), hera syndulla was called for, and the ghost took part in the final battle over scarif

also, given this was used as a way to describe why they chose to end rogue one in the way it did, there has been absolutely no mention of any of the rebels characters in the original trilogy and the force awakens, if they wanted to keep them for the future they would surely have based some of the rebels characters on people we seen in the original trilogy and TFA, for example if ezra goes to the dark side how would that be explained given in the OT and TFA nothing is ever mentioned about ezra etc

i may be completely wrong and you could be completely correct, however given that rebels will end (obviously) and there is a new animated series in the works, they could quite easily kill off the rebels cast without fear of fucking up anything for the future canon, plus i think it would be an excellent turn for the star wars animated series to take, instead of the heroes surviving and taking out the bad guy, why not have them die for the rebellion instead (like rogue one did)

i used spoilers because it contains stuff about rogue one and people might still not have seen it

Rebels is fantastic, but i feel really let down by both episode 7 and rogue one... both struck me as well made but badly plotted fan movies

episode 8 i think/hope we'll see at least Ezra hiding with Luke

On 07 January 2017 at 12:12, 54_and_counting said:

Chopper is in Rogue One however.

RogueOneTrailerChopperEasterEgg-2.jpg

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins