The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I've downloaded them all and was planning on watching them in the proper order (1 - 7) but not sure I can sit through 1, 2 & 3.

I don't think I've actually seen Revenge of the Sith. Seen wee snippets here and there but pretty sure I've not watched the entire movie, the parts I've seen kind of put me off.

I've downloaded them all and was planning on watching them in the proper order (1 - 7) but not sure I can sit through 1, 2 & 3.

I don't think I've actually seen Revenge of the Sith. Seen wee snippets here and there but pretty sure I've not watched the entire movie, the parts I've seen kind of put me off.

RotS is the only one of the prequels I can sit through.  Some of the acting is utterly horrific, but it's not without merit.

I've downloaded them all and was planning on watching them in the proper order (1 - 7) but not sure I can sit through 1, 2 & 3.

I don't think I've actually seen Revenge of the Sith. Seen wee snippets here and there but pretty sure I've not watched the entire movie, the parts I've seen kind of put me off.

Between 2 and 3 you need to watch the clone wars cartoon series, it does a cracking job of explaining why anakin is such a walloper in revenge of the sith

RotS is the only one of the prequels I can sit through.  Some of the acting is utterly horrific, but it's not without merit.

I used to think this but now can't be arsed with RotS. I actually think TPM is the best of the sequels. It's not by any means a good or even decent film; it's absolute garbage but it does have some interesting things and also has Qui-Gonn, the best character in the prequels. RotS is pish, full of the aforementioned bad acting but worse, total bollocks in terms of a story (Padme just dies for no real reason; Yoda tells Obi Wan he has 'more training for him'; General Grevious in general; the Jedi just standing still whilst Palpatine kills them; Anakin thinking that the logic of slaughtering loads of kids so Padme won't die is sound; Yoda thinking he should just f**k off at the end for no real reason; Vader believing the Emperor that he killed Padme; and so on).

I used to think this but now can't be arsed with RotS. I actually think TPM is the best of the sequels. It's not by any means a good or even decent film; it's absolute garbage but it does have some interesting things and also has Qui-Gonn, the best character in the prequels. RotS is pish, full of the aforementioned bad acting but worse, total bollocks in terms of a story (Padme just dies for no real reason; Yoda tells Obi Wan he has 'more training for him'; General Grevious in general; the Jedi just standing still whilst Palpatine kills them; Anakin thinking that the logic of slaughtering loads of kids so Padme won't die is sound; Yoda thinking he should just f**k off at the end for no real reason; Vader believing the Emperor that he killed Padme; and so on).

I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE!!!

tumblr_lwi9hmZhjF1qa4ihzo1_500.gif

The prequels were so bad that Hayden Christiansen quit acting and fucked off to live on a farm for five years, Jake Lloyd went mental, Ahmed Best wants nothing to do with Star Wars and Temeura Morrison had to be in The Green Lantern.

Edited by DA Baracus

The prequels were so bad that Hayden Christiansen quit acting and fucked off to live on a farm for five years, Jake Lloyd went mental, Ahmed Best wants nothing to do with Star Wars and Temeura Morrison had to be in The Green Lantern.

That last bit made me snort loudly at my desk.

Cheers

Well I went to buy the Bluray today and there wasn't one darkside copy in HMV.  So did a Kylo Ren in the shop and left and bought it in Game instead.  Didn't have a special edition sleeve, but f**k buying a light side one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Between 2 and 3 you need to watch the clone wars cartoon series, it does a cracking job of explaining why anakin is such a walloper in revenge of the sith

Helpful, and such a shame as that's the only film in the series - and not even all of it - when Hayden Vader actually does the job he was paid to do.

Is there anywhere I can watch the Clone Wars series online? Only got series 5 and 6 left but haven't got US Netflix to work consistently for a while now and it's wearing my patience. Thanks

Kodi and exodus or if you cant be arsed installing it then watchseries online does the trick

• 3 weeks later...

Cartoon HD has all of Clone Wars i'm sure

Kodi and exodus or if you cant be arsed installing it then watchseries online does the trick

Thanks guys. Finished the series today. Really enjoyed it. A few dips in quality, as is to be expected, but some great episodes, stories, characters and battles too. Really important part of Anakin's story arch too and does a good job of illustrating his descent to the darkside. Think I'll give Rebels a bash now.

Thanks guys. Finished the series today. Really enjoyed it. A few dips in quality, as is to be expected, but some great episodes, stories, characters and battles too. Really important part of Anakin's story arch too and does a good job of illustrating his descent to the darkside. Think I'll give Rebels a bash now.

i loved the yoda episode where he flirts with the darkside