The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

What would be the point in a 'ghost' fight? It's not like they can kill each other.

I don't see anything wrong with the Emperor's ghost being around if he is to talk with a Sith, like Obi Wan did with Luke on Degobah. I am puzzled about Ewan McGregor being in it though; if he appeared to Luke, surely Luke would be like, "Who the f**k are you?!"

Edited by DA Baracus

What would be the point in a 'ghost' fight? It's not like they can kill each other.

I don't see anything wrong with the Emperor's ghost being around if he is to talk with a Sith, like Obi Wan did with Luke on Degobah. I am puzzled about Ewan McGregor being in it though; if he appeared to Luke, surely Luke would be like, "Who the f**k are you?!"

Would be very strange seeing the younger Obi Wan in the same film as Luke. Don't see how they could make that work.

Make-up?

It sounds to me like they may have like meditating and obi-wan appears to him in a vision. Or he hallucinates and sees the emporers spirit tempting him down the dark path, before obi wan's spirit appears and strengthens luke.

I am puzzled about Ewan McGregor being in it though; if he appeared to Luke, surely Luke would be like, "Who the f**k are you?!"

Yeah, it's stupid. The only reason I can think of is that they want Obi Wan to re-appear but Alex Guinness obviously can't do it.

If it's a force ghost then surely he'll appear as how he died? (ie old). Or can they appear however they like?

Yeah, it's stupid. The only reason I can think of is that they want Obi Wan to re-appear but Alex Guinness obviously can't do it.

If it's a force ghost then surely he'll appear as how he died? (ie old). Or can they appear however they like?

Anakin is now a youngster again as a force ghost at the end of ROJ

They are supposed to appear how they saw themselves when they died. So Anakin saw himself as the younger, good version, rather than the almost fully artificialy bad-cum-good version. Obi-Wan seems to have seen himself in the old hermit style.

Of course, everything is subject to George wanting it "how he originally saw it". So we could see a new version of the original trilogy with Ewan McGregor pasted in over Alec Guinness

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 is the worst, 3 is the best and Darth Maul is the coolest out of them all. That sums up the prequels imo.

2 used to be my favourite Star Wars film when I was younger. I found the 3rd one too dark so AotC was my favourite Star Wars film.

Back in the day it went AotC, The Phantom Menace, RotJ, RotS, A New Hope and finally The Empire Strikes Back. This was because I liked all the CGI and special effects when I was a kid.

Looking back I'm thoroughly ashamed.

P.S Darth Maul is pretty cool.

Edited by Chupacabra

2 used to be my favourite Star Wars film when I was younger. I found the 3rd one too dark so AotC was my favourite Star Wars film.

Back in the day it went AotC, The Phantom Menace, RotJ, RotS, A New Hope and finally The Empire Strikes Back. This was because I liked all the CGI and special effects when I was a kid.

I used to think 2 was cool because of huge battle at the end. However all the pishy love shite between Anakin and Padme ruin it.

One of the biggest mistakes in the Star Wars series was killing Darth Maul off. The potential story for development between him and Obi Wan was phenomenal.

2 is the worst, 3 is the best and Darth Maul is the coolest out of them all. That sums up the prequels imo.

The prequel could've been saved had Darth Maul not died or came back after episode 1 IMO. More of him instead of Grevious & Jar Jar Binks.