The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

He actually changed ROTJ to have Ewoks instead of Wookies mainly as he thought Ewoks would sell more toys.

Now, you could believe a tribe of pissed of Wookies (with their smashing furry boab's) could take on a platoon of storm troopers. Ewoks can get to f**k.

I didn't mind the ewoks, certainly as a kid watching it (who it was aimed at) it brings a tear to my eye every time we see that ewok die

Isn't wicket (the one that befriends Leia) the one that smacks himself with the bola and then supposedly gets blasted? but then at the end party he's there.

Likewise I didn't mind the Ewoks. However as an adult you can see that it is a weak part of the film, but it is intended for children. Wookies as was intended initially would have been far better. Hence why he incorporated the Wookie battle in Revenge of the Sith. Incidentally ROTJ was initially going to be called Revenge of the Jedi

Likewise Jar Jar was comic relief for children and taking away the general racial undertones of the character he isn't that bad. The droid that kicks JarJar in the bollocks is my personal hero though.

Now, you could believe a tribe of pissed of Wookies (with their smashing furry boab's) could take on a platoon of storm troopers. Ewoks can get to f**k.

Ewoks most definitely do not have smashing boabs.

I think that we're forgetting a crucial piece of information here.

Lucas was making this up as he went along. He nailed it with the original trilogy (ewoks aside) and got seriously found out ith the prequels.

on the fucking money :- I have never liked the inclusion of ewoks from years ago. I remember asking my dad as a kid why stones were better than lasers. he couldn't answer it

I didn't mind the ewoks, certainly as a kid watching it (who it was aimed at) it brings a tear to my eye every time we see that ewok die

there is something very wrong with you :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and in the originals, Luke asks Leia what his mother was like and she blabs on about how she remembers her a bit and that she was kind etc (ROTD I think).

How the f*** did she know that if she was taken away from her at the same time as Luke in ROTS??? Helluva smart newborn. Must be a Force thing.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Oh, and in the originals, Luke asks Leia what his mother was like and she blabs on about how she remembers her a bit and that she was kind etc (ROTD I think).

How the f*** did she know that if she was taken away from her at the same time as Luke in ROTS??? Helluva smart newborn. Must be a Force thing.

Aye, I raised this very point a few pages back. It's just another thing the prequels stamp all over. Leia literally saw her mother once, and that was seconds after she was born before being taken away to an incubator I presume. Padme dies not long after.

I suppose they could attempt to explain that Leia is talking about her adoptive mother, but that makes no sense either as seemingly she dies when Leia is between 12 and 16, so Leia would have clear memories of her.

I suppose they could attempt to explain that Leia is talking about her adoptive mother, but that makes no sense either as seemingly she dies when Leia is between 12 and 16, so Leia would have clear memories of her.

Plus Luke asks "do you remember your mother.....your REAL mother".

Plus Luke asks "do you remember your mother.....your REAL mother".

So he does. On the bridge in the Ewok treehouse. As Family Guy points out, the Ewoks have somehow and for some reason braided Leia's hair.

Han throws a wee huff over thier meeting. And when Leia tells him that Luke is her brother, he just accepts it, no questions asked. He also doesn't mention their kiss in the medbay on Hoth.

We are ruling out the potential fact that Leia is just a devious lying bint of course.

On the mention of Family Guy, I love bit where the grieving Ewok stops caring and goes all cannibal.

Best of the whole FGSW series is the "what's that, play the same song again? Ok!!!" IMO.

We are ruling out the potential fact that Leia is just a devious lying bint of course.

On the mention of Family Guy, I love bit where the grieving Ewok stops caring and goes all cannibal.

Best of the whole FGSW series is the "what's that, play the same song again? Ok!!!" IMO.

That raised a laugh.

The Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes are immense. I strongly recommend them. Some of the stuff in there had me in tears of laughter.