The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

All legitimate complaints (ie - having a young Darth Vader as a ghost and sticking in McDiarmid) but the worst moment of the DVD re-release was replacing Jason Wingreen's voice with that of Temuera Morrison. Boba Fett sounds utterly ridiculous.

That is a thing that pisses me off. It doesn't matter if you have cloned an Australian, if he learns English in Scotland he will speak with a Scottish accent. Accents would not remain the same.

I think the Hayden ghost makes more sense than Sebastian Shaw. At no point would Sebastian Shaw would have looked like that, he was badly disfigured by the lava. Also Vader couldn't reach his potential as half (estimate geeks) his midichlorian count was chopped off (legs and arm).

The Ewok celebration music was changed in the 1997 Special Edition. It is awful, the original tune was superb. I especially liked the timing of the ewok playing the drums on the Storm Trooper helmets.

Also at the start of ROTJ 3PO states that Chewie and Lando never returned from Jabba's Palace. Chewie hadn't even been there yet. No doubt 3PO had his mind wiped.

As for the expanded Universe, that doesn't matter in the slightest. George Lucas would happily shite all over it, and no doubt JJ Abrams will do too. Lucas always said that the expnaded Universe did not matter in the context of making movies. The main problem with the prequels was that Lucas tried to make money from each angle, characters were developed to sell toys. A lot of the scenes had special effects in it for no reason other than we can put one in.

As for the complaints about the dialogue, well the original films are full of laughable dialogue. However you have heard the lines that often that you are immune to their terrible dialogue. Harrison Ford famously told George that "You can type this shit, but you can't say it".

Edited to add order:

Empire

Starwars

Sith

Jedi

Menace

Clones

Edited by Loki

I believe they wanted like to be aware of his father, and try to use it as a way to keep him safe.

I would love it if they made the force unleashed series as a television series, its still to do part 3 on the games however.

I might have been the only one, but I preferred to have been Luke instead of Han, expect for the whole kissing your sister part. I just preferred the whole Lightsaber thang.

What age is obi wan supposed to be in the prequels, teenager/early 20s in phantom? 30 odd in clones and 40 odd in ROTS.

So 20 years on in ANH he is 60 odd and is frail as.

Would like to see some sort of inbetween series between ep 3 and 4 similar to clone wars

The Force Unleashed had a pretty good storyline (probably better than all of the prequels arguably) to watch inbetween 3 and 4, which you can pretty much watch on youtube if you can't be arsed playing the game.

Never cared much for Star Wars but I don't hate them or love them as some people do. I'll see the new ones and hope to god they are better than 1-3. By god they were crap. Hayden Christianson is utter wooden. Hopefully with Lucas out the way the films might be decent. Abrams has done a good Job with Star Trek.

The most tragic character for me is Luke in the whole trilogy. He is adopted then many years later his guardians are slaughtered, he has to put up with a gay robot, sees his mentor Obi Wan die. Probably has to deal with the guilt of killing hundreds of private contractors on the Death Star. Losses his hand, finds out Vader is his father, lusts after his Sister, finds out he's been lusting after his Sister. Starts to reconciliate with his Dad, who then dies. Still stuck with a gay robot, watches his mate Solo get fired into his Sister, c'mon you don't want mates ploughing your sis. Not a lot of joy in Luke's life.

The Ewok celebration music was changed in the 1997 Special Edition. It is awful, the original tune was superb. I especially liked the timing of the ewok playing the drums on the Storm Trooper helmets.

This 100 times this. Loved the original song, catchy and feel good.

Had the exact same argument last night regarding the timing of the helmet drums aswell.

Another thing that annoys me about the remastered trilogy is that they add in clips of CGI Curascant and Bespin at the end of Jedi which look far newer than the original cuts so they don't fit together.

I'd watch the originals first, the first three could seriously spoil the others for you.

But if he watches the originals first he won't have the shocking twist that Senator Palpatine is the Sith Lord. Oops.

But if he goes prequels then originals he'll know that Vader is Luke's father!

if he does them backwards he'll see the galactic empire destroyed from the inside by a hidden group called the jedi amongst other things, all the while the supreme leader of the empire is dethroned and made a simple senator on a backwards planet

This 100 times this. Loved the original song, catchy and feel good.

Had the exact same argument last night regarding the timing of the helmet drums aswell.

Another thing that annoys me about the remastered trilogy is that they add in clips of CGI Curascant and Bespin at the end of Jedi which look far newer than the original cuts so they don't fit together.

The new shit they added in 1997 should have been a massive warning to us all. It looked silly and out of place and seemed to be used just to show that they could. The most glaring example is in ROTJ when the alien, green, female singer with the long mouth turns to the camera. It's just utterly superfluous.