The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

16 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Mandalorian bucks the trend and is actually decent. The rest of Star Wars programming is quite poor.

I lasted about 10 minutes into that nonsense Boba Fett effort.

Hopefully they don’t ruin The Mandalorian.

Andor looks awesome though really looking forward to it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reckon Andor is the best SW so far. Certainly starts off slowly, but once it gets to Episode 4 onwards, it really gets moving. 'Different' from other SW shows in a good way. The writing, the characters, the visuals, the sets, all strong.

I can't work out the working system and how they compete against other teams in Narkina 5 (ha)....

Need also to watch again as didn't pick up on what led to the level 2 events. 

Spoiler

was it to do with the non release of prisoners and those prisoners who were believed to have served their term, ending up back on another level (and were recognised)?

Really enjoying Andor too.

It is slow paced but the characters are so well written and the performances are largely excellent that you barely notice.

It is also doing an excellent job of showing the Empire as the truly evil organisation that its meant to be.

I can't work out the working system and how they compete against other teams in Narkina 5 (ha)....
Spoiler

was it to do with the non release of prisoners and those prisoners who were believed to have served their term, ending up back on another level (and were recognised)?

Someone from level 4 was released but ended up back in level 2 a few days later. He had knowledge of what was going on in the outside and told everyone in 2. The Empire obviously didn't like that so fried everyone.

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
23 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:
Spoiler
  Hide contents

Someone from level 4 was released but ended up back in level 2 a few days later. He had knowledge of what was going on in the outside and told everyone in 2. The Empire obviously didn't like that so fried everyone.

yeh I kind of picked that up but thanks for confirming.

23 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Reveal hidden contents

so what is the system that is in place and the competition? what do they win - what are the consequences for finishing second or last? 

I don't think we know what they are building and I quite like that tbh. Would droids not be easier to use (and involve less resources to supervise) instead of prisoners? I know it is penal/punishment but does seem expensive and elaborate.....

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

yeh I kind of picked that up but thanks for confirming.

so what is the system that is in place and the competition? what do they win - what are the consequences for finishing second or last? 

I don't think we know what they are building and I quite like that tbh. Would droids not be easier to use (and involve less resources to supervise) instead of prisoners? I know it is penal/punishment but does seem expensive and elaborate.....

Prisoners are cheaper and easier to replace, they don't require maintenance only food and with the Public Order Decree in force there are loads of them.

Just a guess but maybe they're making parts for the Death Star?

Edited by stevieKTID

The competition is that first place, I think, gets flavour in there food, and second place gets something similar. Last place gets fried, not fatally, so that's the incentive to not finish last. They actually mentioned it's more cost effective to use humans than droids.

Def building parts for the death star. If they keep all the manufacturing separate from each and quiet no one can figure out what they're up to

47 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The competition is that first place, I think, gets flavour in there food, and second place gets something similar. Last place gets fried, not fatally, so that's the incentive to not finish last. They actually mentioned it's more cost effective to use humans than droids.

Def building parts for the death star. If they keep all the manufacturing separate from each and quiet no one can figure out what they're up to

is that implied or do we know for sure that happens? do teams disappear and a new team appears?