The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

FWIW I’m enjoying Obi Wan so far. There’s been some crappy moments. The fire scene with Vader was a rubbish way to end that fight. It’s going to be very interesting how they manage to wrap this up in two episodes. I feel like we haven’t had enough yet. No Qui Gon. No flashbacks with Hayden as Anakin. What’s the point in parading Hayden about at the premieres, shows etc when we are barely going to see him? Part of me thinks we are getting a surprise second season but I feel like there would be stronger rumours by now.

I'm enjoying the series in general, even though there's quite a few bits you could pick apart logically if you wanted to.

Episode 4 was disappointing though. The series had already had Leia captured, Obi-Wan break in to enemy location to find her, sneak her out whilst trying not to attract attention, get found out but get away in a ship just in time. To repeat all of that again after just 3 episodes is pretty unimaginative. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I'm enjoying it.  It has it's issues, but McGregor is doing a good job as a broken Obi Wan and I don't hate the wee lassie as Leia.  I think from ep4 where we're seeing Obi Wan slowly start to rediscover the Force and becoming more of the character we know from the prequels, The Clone Wars and Rebels, that we're going to see him hand Vader his arse at some point in the next two episodes.

eta: The way they are lighting the scenes with the lightsabers is fantastic.  The duel in ep3 and Obi Wan taking out the stormtroopers in the dark was fantastic.

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

55 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I'm enjoying it.  It has it's issues, but McGregor is doing a good job as a broken Obi Wan and I don't hate the wee lassie as Leia.  I think from ep4 where we're seeing Obi Wan slowly start to rediscover the Force and becoming more of the character we know from the prequels, The Clone Wars and Rebels, that we're going to see him hand Vader his arse at some point in the next two episodes.

eta: The way they are lighting the scenes with the lightsabers is fantastic.  The duel in ep3 and Obi Wan taking out the stormtroopers in the dark was fantastic.

I think that’s a deliberate nod to the message left by Quillan Voss on the wall. Either way, agreed it’s excellent visually. 

I did love reading all the people moaning about the fact Vadar handed Obi Wan his arse on a plate, totally forgetting that he’d shut himself off from the force for a decade. You can see the signs that it’s all coming back in to play with his fighting and control of the force in Episode 4, but even at his peak, a vengeful Vadar is still nearly the most powerful force user there has been and Obi Wan would get beaten in a straight fight. Much the same way as he was outmatched by Maul in the Clone Wars on numerous occasions, he had to use his brain and tactics rather than simply rely on brute force. As alluded to by other, suspect he’ll do the same in this season one last time to evade the Inquisitors and Vadar to return to hiding on Tattoine. 

I'm only on episode 4 but really enjoyed that. 

Spoiler

I thought it would be a bit like GOT being stingy on the dragons when I just wanna see lightsabre stuff but they've done well in the last two episodes. Also thought we would barely see Vader so I'm loving it so far. No more chase scenes and I'm content. 

Aye episode 5 was sexy as f**k. 

Spoiler

The first 2 eps were a bit mid but the past 3 have been awesome. As someone that was a kid when the prequels came out this is wonderful to see. As a casual I'm really enjoying it. I would like to see some Jar Jar Binks and perhaps confirmation that he was bootlicking the Empire. 

Also the Robot we saw in Ep3 that Leia was nice to bussing the blicky was tremendous, makes C3PO look like a right pussy.

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

Binged it the last couple of nights, didn't think it was that bad, just a bit confused about whether it was playing to an adult or child audience, some of the action sequences you'd get away with on a kid's show but surely it would be too boring for them in between? Bit annoying having to wait a week for the last episode, unless I'm mistaken?