The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was chatting with a mate about who we thought spent the most time on set of Book of Boba Fett: Mark Hamill or Pedro Pascal? And it's looking like neither of them, but at least Pedro's still getting some ADR work.

That’s pretty scary how realistic it’s all becoming 

I wouldn’t be surprised if actors leased out their likeness and voices for things like commercials etc..

They don’t do any work at all. 

Edit: I wonder if the clone troopers in the latest BOBF episode was CGI or real actors 

Either way, they looked fantastic 

Edited by Clown Job

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

I actually didn't enjoy that finale, as season enders go it was alright, but nothing unexpected happened bar someone dying, the rest was kinda obviously going to happen and it was just by the numbers

All I could think during the action scenes was “they really should make a Battlefront 3”

I actually didn't enjoy that finale, as season enders go it was alright, but nothing unexpected happened bar someone dying, the rest was kinda obviously going to happen and it was just by the numbers

Just watched it, and to be honest I thought it was pretty crap. Generally the whole series has been a disappointment. Far preferred the Mandalorian.

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

All I could think during the action scenes was “they really should make a Battlefront 3”

Aye defo, not EA though, 

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Just watched it, and to be honest I thought it was pretty crap. Generally the whole series has been a disappointment. Far preferred the Mandalorian.

Yeah it has, dunno why they keep going back to the fucking force, star wars is a massive galaxy of shit, surely we can see a ton of stories that dont involve c***s waving their hand and making things move etc 

10 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Clearly setting up series 2 and Mando 3.

Aye it always was going to, but at least make it a bit unpredictable or something, especially killing who they did, he would have been tremendous in next season if used more, 

Just felt they took a safe and by the numbers approach

On 10/02/2022 at 00:10, the jambo-rocker said:

Would rather Grogu stayed with Skywalker tbh. My anxiety about him being in harm's way was well and truly quelled until a week ago.

My guess is thats where Mando and Grogu are off to. 

I think Luke was testing Grogu in the previous episode to see if he would follow his instincts rather than what he thinks others expect him to do. It mirrors Lukes choice back in the OT of bailing to save his friends.

Overall I'm at a 4 or 5 / 10 for the whole season. A couple of good episodes early gave some promise, then no real progression for Boba, then some decent Mando/Luke episodes showing how its done, then a really wet fart of a last episode. 

The Rancor stuff I liked.

Fenec is the real badass.

Why didn't Black Krrsantan just open fire earlier?

Boba should have had that last scene with the Mayor etc.

Nobody in this episode knew how to run away from the droids. But the droids are more inept than storm troopers when it comes to aiming. I kept thinking they should have run into any building as the droids lasers couldn't blow up a 4 foot clay wall...

I was expecting / hoping Boba was going to lose it during the show down with Cad and go all out unhinged bounty hunter and just melt some fools but it wasn't to be and it feels like a wasted opportunity. 

Cad, imo, will return.

My overall feeling was they wanted to create a sort of Mafia like show but its just Boba and pals. Where the pals are actually telling Boba how to run the operation and hes just a bit of a pushover. 

When Boba suggests they hunker down in the Palace and the mod girl tells him to stay with the people, I felt he should have said no and gone with his plan. Then fail. Then learn to listen to his team. Or something like that.

Looking forward to Obi Wan though, possibly my favourite Star Was character. 

16 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

My guess is thats where Mando and Grogu are off to. 

I think Luke was testing Grogu in the previous episode to see if he would follow his instincts rather than what he thinks others expect him to do. It mirrors Lukes choice back in the OT of bailing to save his friends.

Overall I'm at a 4 or 5 / 10 for the whole season. A couple of good episodes early gave some promise, then no real progression for Boba, then some decent Mando/Luke episodes showing how its done, then a really wet fart of a last episode. 

The Rancor stuff I liked.

Fenec is the real badass.

Why didn't Black Krrsantan just open fire earlier?

Boba should have had that last scene with the Mayor etc.

Nobody in this episode knew how to run away from the droids. But the droids are more inept than storm troopers when it comes to aiming. I kept thinking they should have run into any building as the droids lasers couldn't blow up a 4 foot clay wall...

I was expecting / hoping Boba was going to lose it during the show down with Cad and go all out unhinged bounty hunter and just melt some fools but it wasn't to be and it feels like a wasted opportunity. 

Cad, imo, will return.

My overall feeling was they wanted to create a sort of Mafia like show but its just Boba and pals. Where the pals are actually telling Boba how to run the operation and hes just a bit of a pushover. 

When Boba suggests they hunker down in the Palace and the mod girl tells him to stay with the people, I felt he should have said no and gone with his plan. Then fail. Then learn to listen to his team. Or something like that.

Looking forward to Obi Wan though, possibly my favourite Star Was character. 

Im not so sure about the obi wan series, the potential vader fight thats heavily rumoured will, imo, create a massive plot hole from "A new hope" 

I just cant imagine both vader and the emperor not bothering to spend considerable resources on finding obi wan if they know hes alive, unless they do the whole "well we blew something up but there's no body so he must be dead" which will be even worse lol

Im not so sure about the obi wan series, the potential vader fight thats heavily rumoured will, imo, create a massive plot hole from "A new hope" 

I just cant imagine both vader and the emperor not bothering to spend considerable resources on finding obi wan if they know hes alive, unless they do the whole "well we blew something up but there's no body so he must be dead" which will be even worse lol

Yeah agree. If done right it hopefully won't be something that utterly ruins that original scene. Other than that I'm hoping its a good watch, I like McGregors Obi Wan and he was one of the best parts of the prequels imo.