The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

30 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Hopefully Young Adult TV drives as many people insane as Young Adult literature.

It already has, it just manifests itself differently since Marvel/ Star Wars are world conquering behemoths and YA is still relatively silo'd.

Edited by NotThePars

McGregor is the best

What a boy.

The Duel of The Fates is the best lightsaber fight out of all of them imo. Just incredible. The other prequel fights lacked heart and soul.

Just realised the fight isn’t actually called that but f**k it, you knew what I meant.

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What a boy.

The Duel of The Fates is the best lightsaber fight out of all of them imo. Just incredible. The other prequel fights lacked heart and soul.

Just realised the fight isn’t actually called that but f**k it, you knew what I meant.

Duel of the fates was an amazing piece of music as well

46 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It already has, it just manifests itself differently since Marvel/ Star Wars are world conquering behemoths and YA is still relatively silo'd.

There is a 40 year old man at my work who wears an Iron Man Christmas jumper regularly so you may be correct. 

I just don't see the appeal. I was into Star Wars and Marvel comics until I was about 14 then I just wanted to watch movies and TV with violence, nudity, sex and drugs. 

There is a 40 year old man at my work who wears an Iron Man Christmas jumper regularly so you may be correct. 
I just don't see the appeal. I was into Star Wars and Marvel comics until I was about 14 then I just wanted to watch movies and TV with violence, nudity, sex and drugs. 

Wow, you're cool.

Finished The Clone Wars (or rather, a condensed essential episodes version of it - which still clocked in at ~75 episodes). The final 4 episodes were really good - particularly the last two after Order 66. A somewhat touching end scene too. Well worth my time, and the quality definitely improved over the seasons.

Is Rebels worth watching, or will I unfavourably compare it to TCW?

Finished The Clone Wars (or rather, a condensed essential episodes version of it - which still clocked in at ~75 episodes). The final 4 episodes were really good - particularly the last two after Order 66. A somewhat touching end scene too. Well worth my time, and the quality definitely improved over the seasons.
Is Rebels worth watching, or will I unfavourably compare it to TCW?

Rebels wraps up a few things from clone wars and has a few great arcs. Especially the end of series 2.

Bit late to it here but I have now finally finished the Skywalker Saga.
I enjoy it. I also understand how people can get upset and pick things apart. I tend to take my head out of it and just enjoy myself. 

I am making a start on Clone Wars, Rogue One & Solo.

I've decided to pick up DVDs of Clone Wars but it looks to get pricey about season 5 after picking up some of them for £1. (6 seems fine actually, so just 5)

Are Disney gonna put any of the new shit on DVD?

I doubt they will so you subscribe to their fuckin channel.