The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Doesn't only c3p0 get a memory wipe

Yes. Wipe the protocol droids memory. My mistake.

So why was R2 searching for his master on Tatooine then?

When does he call Obi-Wan his master? I can remember 3PO saying Luke is his master now and he should forget the Obi Wan kenobi gibberish. That doesn't necessarily imply he thinks he is his master. Can't remember anything else though.

Has anyone apart from me watched the clone wars (2008) cartoon series?

Yeah I quite enjoyed it although a lot of episodes were absolute garbage. The five episode sequence of that droids mission was horrid. I believe it has been canned now?

I always assumed that Yoda - being more powerful - would be able to detect Leia's presence more than Obi-Wan could. I reckon that years spent as a loner in the middle of the desert had probably weakened Obi-Wan's power. Leia wasn't as powerful as Luke, so it makes sense that he couldn't detect her Jedi power*.

*And that the brother-sister relationship was an afterthought.

Edited by yoda

I always assumed that Yoda - being more powerful - would be able to detect Leia's presence more than Obi-Wan could. I reckon that years spent as a loner in the middle of the desert had probably weakened Obi-Wan's power. Leia wasn't as powerful as Luke, so it makes sense that he couldn't detect her Jedi power*.

*And that the brother-sister relationship was an afterthought.

He gave her to the Organa's though, so surely he must have had an idea she could be force sensitive.

Also, Yoda has been out in the wilderness for ages as well.

Edited by Mr. Brightside.

I really hope Starkiller is in the new films, I know it doesn't go with the timelines but he's a great character.

I would also love to see someone who uses saber throws effectively.

*Starkiller should totally have one red lightsaber and one green, to show his struggle, y'know.

Edited by Mr. Brightside.

Yeah I quite enjoyed it although a lot of episodes were absolute garbage. The five episode sequence of that droids mission was horrid. I believe it has been canned now?

yeah they finished it up with the ashoka storyline, a new TV series is planned depicting the time between EP3 and 4

as for the clone wars, the droid episodes were garbage, cannot enjoy them at all, the best episodes were when the jedi and their clones went to war, not some skimpy battle but a real war

the attack on geonosis "landing at point rain" i think the ep was called, when Ki Adi Mundi, Anakin and Obi Wan all have a clone contingent and attack a droid factory, anakin and Mundi's contingent have to land before the designated landing zone while Obi-wans group make it there but get shot down

while anakin and Mundi attempt to get there on foot and help Obi wan's group, Obi wan and his remaining clone have to defend like f**k, at the end of the episode just as Obi Wan's group are getting tighter and tighter while under attack, Obi Wan stands up, clearly injured and draws his lightsaber in anticipation for a final stand, then the bombers come out of the skies giving them relief support and anakin and Mundi race in to mop up the rest

Fucking brilliant episode, for a cartoon you actually get the feeling of a true battle

I really hope Starkiller is in the new films, I know it doesn't go with the timelines but he's a great character.

I would also love to see someone who uses saber throws effectively.

*Starkiller should totally have one red lightsaber and one green, to show his struggle, y'know.

not seen much of the force unleashed storylines etc, vaders apprentice would be good to see but with the stories about Ford, Hammil and Fisher all being signed up then it would seem the next films will be set about 10-15 years after ROTJ, which is a shame

You could just about justify Obi-Wan's forgetting Leia with him being a hermit, and not really knowing what goes on in the outside world. He also hears Alderaan has been destroyed, and possibly assumes all the Organas (Leia included) with it.

Not owning a droid could be regarded as a throwaway line, given he never actually "owned" R2.

Or maybe he was just being a knob, since he knew what would have to happen for everything to be saved. Like Gandalf making the hobbits take the ring in LOTR, when he could easily have done it himself.

C3P0 tells us in ANH that R2 'claims to be property of an obi wan kenobi' which leads to the line 'I don't ever remember owning a droid'

Which suggests C3P0 is lying out his arse or Leia told R2 that fib in order to ensure the message got delivered safely

perhaps 3po says that r2 is the property of obi wan hoping that whoever had the droid would give him to obi wan and the message would get through

i always wondered how leia knew where obi wan, or ben as he liked to be known, was when she told the droids to f**k off of the ship