The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I will 100% go and see it as I'm a big Star Wars fan but whether it will be any good or not is another thing.

I have read a few of the books including the next 5 or so set directly after Return of the Jedi. There is a pretty obvious trilogy of books set after ROJ that they could turn into a film series

A few spoilers on some of the storylines from the books that happen after ROJ - for potential film stories:

- Luke sets a up a new Jedi Academy and scouts the galaxy for the best people/creatures that can use the force and turns them into Jedis. Potential Disney style light hearted film series

- Han and Leia get married and have kids and one of their sons turns into the new big time Sith of the galaxy

- Chewie dies :( and is the only main character from films Lucas allowed to be killed off in books

- Various different warlords and emperors go up against the alliance

- Boba Fett escapes the Sarlaac and goes hunting for Solo and ends up becoming a sort of good guy

The Thrawn Trilogy of books is probably the most likly to be adapted although they are quite dark. They are set 5 years after ROJ, great story, some good villains and recognised as the best books from all the hundreds of Star Wars books there are. Would make a great story and the more I think of it, the more intrigued I am to see what they do.....I'm not writing it off just yet