The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I'm keen to find out how Obi Wan ages so horribly in circa 17 years. I know that two suns can be harsh on the skin, but it won't be like he's firing around the desert uncovered or sunbathing on the Dune Sea.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes! I've said this multiple times! They are shit! They just stand there and let Palpatine jump/spin towards them and then swing at them without even putting up their lightsabers! Daft wee shitebags. I bet the younglings put up more fight when Vader went to batter them.

I get that it was probably an attempt to show how good Mace was, and therefore how much more powerful Palpatine is, but even Finn put up a better show with a lightsaber in Ep 7

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I get that it was probably an attempt to show how good Mace was, and therefore how much more powerful Palpatine is, but even Finn put up a better show with a lightsaber in Ep 7

Back when it came out there was people sticking up for that fight by saying shit like "the scream sidious did at the start was a powerful force move that paralysed unprepared people" etc etc

When in reality it was just a shit fight, even a jedi master didn't last half a minute, it was laughable 

Best fight of the prequels was maul vs obi wan and qui gon, nothing else came close

17 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Best fight of the prequels was maul vs obi wan and qui gon, nothing else came close

It's a toss-up between that and Anakin / Obi-Wan at the end of ROTS for me

32 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I don't really watch the sidey lore stuff, comics, cartoon series etc. 

I'm guessing I can watch this and enjoy it having only seen the main films? Never seen Mandalorian or spin off movies either. 

I'd say so, at least in the two episodes so far

Watching this tonight with the boy. Cannot fucking wait. Andor looks good too.

21 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Feel like this shouldn't even be up for debate.

If we're on the subject of lightsaber battles, a shout out for the remastered Vader v Kenobi dual. Never gets old.

3 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Watching this tonight with the boy. Cannot fucking wait. Andor looks good too.

Feel like this shouldn't even be up for debate.

If we're on the subject of lightsaber battles, a shout out for the remastered Vader v Kenobi dual. Never gets old.

That video is crazy, seen it before and was blown away. Is there a similarly well made one with Darth Vadar? Unsure when in the universe it was meant to be from but can recall being similarly impressed by it. 

Just saw this and it made me laugh.

Edit - found it -it's well made but not as good as SC38

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

12 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

That video is crazy, seen it before and was blown away. Is there a similarly well made one with Darth Vadar? Unsure when in the universe it was meant to be from but can recall being similarly impressed by it. 

Just saw this and it made me laugh.

Edit - found it -

Cheers man. Will check that out later

On 26/05/2022 at 11:39, DA Baracus said:

I'm keen to find out how Obi Wan ages so horribly in circa 17 years. I know that two suns can be harsh on the skin, but it won't be like he's firing around the desert uncovered or sunbathing on the Dune Sea.

He got special training from Fran Healy in how to age incredibly in just 17 years.

Just watched the Obi-Wan premiere episodes. Was the most excited I've been for anything Star Wars related for a while now and these first two episodes are very encouraging. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I've got some thoughts on the two episodes but I'll put them in spoilers.

Was Leia appearing in the show common knowledge? It really caught me off guard, although I might just have not being paying enough attention to the build up news. If it was a secret then they've played a blinder, misleading us by showing young Luke and Uncle Owen in trailers etc given that they've actually had very little screen time so far.

Is it really plausible that Obi-Wan didn't know that Anakin is still alive? I know Tatooine's on the outer rim, and Obi-Wan's keeping his head down - wanting to hear as little about the Empire as he needs to. However, after 10 years surely some word about Darth Vader being out hunting the Jedi would have gotten around? He's informed enough to tell Leia that the Inquistors are fallen Jedi after all.

Loved Kumail Nanjiani as a con-artist Jedi impersonator. Expect we'll see him again before the series is finished.

The cameo from Temuera Morrison as an impoverished clone trooper veteran was a nice touch. Ewan McGregor plays the interaction with him really well; getting across pain, bitterness and then pity - all without any dialogue. It really doesn't add anything to the plot, but it's a strong little character moment.

I know he's denied it in interviews, but Liam Neeson is 100% appearing at some point as a force ghost. They've made a point of showing Obi-Wan calling out for his help in both episodes. My bet is he'll eventually show up when Obi-Wan needs some morale to stop running and go face Vader.

Speaking of which, not remotely surprised at the 2nd episode's ending. When they announced the series was launching with the first two episodes it was a safe bet that the latter episode would end on the first appearance of Vader. Just a little teaser to keep building hype for the show, and I am so on-board for it. That final shot of him in the bacta tank is genuinely menacing. It seems like they are not going to be shying away from showing just how unpleasant life in that armour is for what's left of the man Vader used to be.