The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

36 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

I'm not feeling it much either. I don't want to be the 'it's just not star wars' guy but there's parts that just dont feel like star wars. Not a patch on the mandalorian and im no sure its a story that needed telling

Tbf even some eps of the mandalorian didn't feel like star wars either, 

Im quite liking the promise of boba, the time between the empire barely hanging on and the first order being more than just an idea, there's potentially endless stories, i like the idea that disney want to move star wars away from just the jedi and the sith stuff and give us a full universe, 

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf even some eps of the mandalorian didn't feel like star wars either, 

Im quite liking the promise of boba, the time between the empire barely hanging on and the first order being more than just an idea, there's potentially endless stories, i like the idea that disney want to move star wars away from just the jedi and the sith stuff and give us a full universe, 

True that, maybe new characters being introduced and moving away from the tried and tested would get me interested more, I dunno. 

Ming Na Wen makes this worth watching at the moment.....

4 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

True that, maybe new characters being introduced and moving away from the tried and tested would get me interested more, I dunno. 

Ming Na Wen makes this worth watching at the moment.....

I liked todays ep, seeing their backstory how they got together was good, 

But aye defo introducing new characters or expanding on old ones is a way to go, they sequels ripped the arse out the skywalker/sith line, 

Id love to see a series of when han and chewie were on the run from jabba after ditching his cargo, the stories they got up to, ending when they meet obi wan and luke in a new hope

I’m enjoying the series. Episode 4 was great, surprised nobody is discussing it tbh.

Folk are raging because they just want to see Boba Fett hunting folk down, they want guns and action. Clearly the series is showing how Boba is developing as a character and trying to move away from that life. As Fennec said “you’ve gone soft.” We’re seeing a more emotional side to him now that he’s an old c**t. That’s not a bad thing IMO.

Anyway, yes that chase scene was unbelievably shite and seemed to last forever. Episode 4 has set things up to get very interesting however and I think it’s going to be great.

Edited by jamamafegan

This week's episode was ok. Maybe it's suffering from having to split the episodes between the past/present.

I'm hoping he picks up another couple of oddballs for an epic series finale with boba, fennec, the rancor, evil wookie and the mods v the pikes. 

Definitely foreshadowed the return of a certain Mandalorian. So it might pick up.

When Fennec Shane say to him about paying for extra muscle the Mando theme starts playing in the background, so hoping that Din Djarin is about to turn up help give the Pikes a kicking and then segues nicely into his own Series which starts after this!!!

Rather telling a that this was the best episode of the Boba Fett series yet and he wasn’t even in it!!!
Think the torch has truly passed over!!!

A really bizarre episode and choice to hand it over to someone else just as it looked like it was getting somewhere last week. It was an episode of a totally different show really, and for being this big huge galaxy they live in, it's also seemingly tiny as they always end up back in the same places with the same people (that mechanic woman does my tits in, incidentally)

This whole series has been all over the place and this episode just proves how much better and more interesting The Mandalorian is.

Edited by Squalor Vic

, and for being this big huge galaxy they live in, it's also seemingly tiny as they always end up back in the same places with the same people

I have to say I’m getting sick of the sight of desert planets. I wish they visited more jungle planets like Kashyyyk or Felucia.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve been firing through Clone Wars and Rebels over the last few months 

Now I understand the wee cameos and references in the live action shows

And to be fair, for animated shows they have some really good stories 

Bad Batch next 

Clone wars did a good job of explaining how anakin became such a knobend in RotS, some cracking episodes in it as well, "landing at point rain" was probably one of the best imo

12 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve been firing through Clone Wars and Rebels over the last few months 

Now I understand the wee cameos and references in the live action shows

And to be fair, for animated shows they have some really good stories 

Bad Batch next 

Watched both in a blur during the first lockdown and started rewatching Clone Wars slowly in 2021 as some podcasters I like began a podcast going through the show. It's a messy show for sure especially in the early seasons but it has some whoppers and great arcs throughout. Filoni also seems like a daft guy that loves what he does.