The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

A drop in quality for Ep 3, particularly due to the below.

Spoiler

That chase scene was one of the worst things I have ever seen in Star Wars. An absolute cringe fest. It offended me

I have been enjoying the series so far.

The first episode was fine as a set-up, the second was a cracking watch. The 3rd and latest was a definite drop in quality. Felt like I was watching a bigger budget Dr Who at some points. Regarding the chase scene my first thought was,

1076600559_6chF6pR8WBxFRqXu19ONv6Am4fk.gif.e5069f85d19a2900580a1f47bf1b3402.gif

Edited by Oceanlineayr

I’m verging on hating the series but that’s because, like Vader, I think the character of Boba Fett has been ruined by the prequels. His appeal was the mysterious helmeted badass who stands up to Vader. 

Empire Strikes Back Fett does away with the Wookiee as soon as he has the upper hand.

I’m verging on hating the series but that’s because, like Vader, I think the character of Boba Fett has been ruined by the prequels. His appeal was the mysterious helmeted badass who stands up to Vader. 

Empire Strikes Back Fett does away with the Wookiee as soon as he has the upper hand.

He’s yeeted into a pit by a blind man in Return of the Jedi. He’s been shite for about 30 years.

Middle managers on the Death Star were giving Vader shit in A New Hope.

I think a lot of the love came from what is great costume design.

On 13/01/2022 at 19:44, Mark Connolly said:

Leaked minutes from the writers' room

Agree on the chase scene though. Fucking hell.

I would also like to see more of Krrsantan

Allegedly, talking of leaks, there's a rumour that the Hutts are bailing out because the Knights of Ren are moving in.

Could be either that or the First Order moving in? I don't really know the full time line etc of the ST.

Are Dave and John about to make the First Order look as dangerous as they were supposed to be?

Edited by mishtergrolsch

6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Allegedly, talking of leaks, there's a rumour that the Hutts are bailing out because the Knights of Ren are moving in.

Could be either that or the First Order moving in? I don't really know the full time line etc of the ST.

Are Dave and John about to make the First Order look as dangerous as they were supposed to be?

Surely it wont be the first order given that this is set just after the mandalorian and that still had remenants of the empire causing him grief, 

57 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:
2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:
Surely it wont be the first order given that this is set just after the mandalorian and that still had remenants of the empire causing him grief, 

Is it after mandalorian? I thought it was at the same time

I thought it was after as fennec shand was on the bridge at the end with the rest of them, then in the post credits scene her and boba storm jabbas old palace and take control of it

I thought it was after as fennec shand was on the bridge at the end with the rest of them, then in the post credits scene her and boba storm jabbas old palace and take control of it
He got his armour back in Mando. So the "current" timeline controlling Mos Espa is sometime after Mando s2. 
Fair enough. I thought I'd read it was happening at the same time but must have been wrong

The most bizarre part of EP 3 for me was after the scooter gang and Fennec Shand trap Krrsantan in the rancor pit. Boba appears in the throne room in what is basically your Dad's dressing gown. Didn't really associate Boba Fett and dressing gowns. Especially since he was almost assassinated.

29 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I'm not feeling it much either. I don't want to be the 'it's just not star wars' guy but there's parts that just dont feel like star wars. Not a patch on the mandalorian and im no sure its a story that needed telling

Edited by Squalor Vic

I honestly dont get the fuss over the original boba, when the expanded universe was made non canon, he became a side character in canon until he appeared in the mandalorian and now this

He was a boy in the prequels, barely kicked a ball in the original films to the point where they binned him early doors in jedi, 

The expanded universe he was quite good but that's gone now, people pining over him from the originals, f**k knows why