The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Bit late to it here but I have now finally finished the Skywalker Saga.
I enjoy it. I also understand how people can get upset and pick things apart. I tend to take my head out of it and just enjoy myself. 

I am making a start on Clone Wars, Rogue One & Solo.
I've decided to pick up DVDs of Clone Wars but it looks to get pricey about season 5 after picking up some of them for £1. (6 seems fine actually, so just 5)
Are Disney gonna put any of the new shit on DVD?
I doubt they will so you subscribe to their fuckin channel. 

If worst comes to worst mate then IIRC Season 5 isn’t actually necessary to the main plot line of Clone Wars it’s more a season of tying up loose threads from the movies like why is there force ghosts in the original trilogy but not the prequels

Also, on the "Sequel trilogy" I was kinda pissed they just glossed over Rey's Parents role other than they sold her to save her. Surely being in that bloodline one of them was mad with the Dark side?

There should have been more Mark Hammill too.

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Bit late to it here but I have now finally finished the Skywalker Saga.
I enjoy it. I also understand how people can get upset and pick things apart. I tend to take my head out of it and just enjoy myself. 

I am making a start on Clone Wars, Rogue One & Solo.

I've decided to pick up DVDs of Clone Wars but it looks to get pricey about season 5 after picking up some of them for £1. (6 seems fine actually, so just 5)

Are Disney gonna put any of the new shit on DVD?

I doubt they will so you subscribe to their fuckin channel. 

I really enjoyed Rouge One and was very suprised with Solo as i do not like Woody Harrelson as an actor and he was excellent in it.

On 16/12/2020 at 19:48, yoda said:

Finished The Clone Wars (or rather, a condensed essential episodes version of it - which still clocked in at ~75 episodes). The final 4 episodes were really good - particularly the last two after Order 66. A somewhat touching end scene too. Well worth my time, and the quality definitely improved over the seasons.

Is Rebels worth watching, or will I unfavourably compare it to TCW?

The ahsoka arc at the end of the clone wars was brilliant, very emotional for an animated series, 

What did you think of the umbara arc, i thought that was dark as hell for a cartoon, 

One of the best episodes also imo, "landing at point rain" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hayden?!!

I might need to get Disney + at this rate. 

I've not read anything about this at all, when would it be set? I'm presuming Hayden will be in full Vader mode or is it meant to be between 2 and 3 or something? 

20 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Hayden?!!

I might need to get Disney + at this rate. 

I've not read anything about this at all, when would it be set? I'm presuming Hayden will be in full Vader mode or is it meant to be between 2 and 3 or something? 

It's set between Episode III and IV, but I guess there would be scope for flashbacks or some of the Episodes to take place between II and III if they wanted.

27 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's set between Episode III and IV, but I guess there would be scope for flashbacks or some of the Episodes to take place between II and III if they wanted.

Okay, this has a bag of potential then. Would love to see some Obi vs Vader battles to add more to their relationship. 

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Okay, this has a bag of potential then. Would love to see some Obi vs Vader battles to add more to their relationship. 

There cant be unless they completely dismiss vader and obiwan's battle in a new hope, when vader said he hadnt felt obiwans presence in a long time and how the last time they faced obiwan was the master and vader was the apprentice

More likely be flashback scenes that werent in the movies, or scenes of vader jedi hunting elsewhere 

14 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

There cant be unless they completely dismiss vader and obiwan's battle in a new hope, when vader said he hadnt felt obiwans presence in a long time and how the last time they faced obiwan was the master and vader was the apprentice

More likely be flashback scenes that werent in the movies, or scenes of vader jedi hunting elsewhere 

I dunno I think that could still work, he still wouldn't have felt the presence in a long time regardless of when their last battle was. 

Vader off jedi hunting would be sick still. Not keen on flashbacks. 

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

And how are you defining a long time?  There’s 20 years between III and IV.  And again they could meet between that time and again Obiwan could school him.  Still meeting your criteria there.

It would be cool to have Darth Vader trying to hunt down Obi-Wan. Maybe the Inquisitors finding him, getting their arses handed to them, then Darth Vader turning up and seeing the aftermath.

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

It would be cool to have Darth Vader trying to hunt down Obi-Wan. Maybe the Inquisitors finding him, getting their arses handed to them, then Darth Vader turning up and seeing the aftermath.

Wonder if he ever thought to have a wee peek at his home planet and maybe question his step brother and his wife?

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I dunno I think that could still work, he still wouldn't have felt the presence in a long time regardless of when their last battle was. 

Vader off jedi hunting would be sick still. Not keen on flashbacks. 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

And how are you defining a long time?  There’s 20 years between III and IV.  And again they could meet between that time and again Obiwan could school him.  Still meeting your criteria there.

Vader hunted down all sorts of jedi across the galaxy to wipe them out, theres no way he gets schooled off obiwan on tatooine and simply fucks off in his star destroyer thinking "ah well, maybe next time" 

If disney imply such a thing then its silly season, the emperor would absolutely obliterate a planet to kill a jedi such as obiwan, 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder if he ever thought to have a wee peek at his home planet and maybe question his step brother and his wife?

The theory behind obiwan choosing that planet is that vader absolutely hated it, hated his slave upbringing and the death of his mother there, sp he avoided it at all costs

Or maybe he just hates sand, its coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere