The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Darth Maul, criminally underused as he was, single handedly makes The Phantom Menace the best of the prequels.
There are no redeeming qualities whatsoever about Attack of the Clones.

Correct. Could have created a brilliant revenge arc for Obi-wan if they used Maul as one of the central antagonists of the prequel series.

Attack of the Clones is less racist than Phantom Menace and has more Yoda. It is still shite but way better than TPM. You can easily skip both of them though, to be fair. Revenge of the Sith is quite good, even despite the worst efforts of Christensen and Portman. I mean it isn't proper good like the original series. But I enjoy it.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Correct. Could have created a brilliant revenge arc for Obi-wan if they used Maul as one of the central antagonists of the prequel series.

Indeed. To the point they did that in Rebels because it was one of the best things to come out of all 3 prequel movies.

Maul should have basically been the Emperors attack dog over the three films ala Vader.

I always wondered how it would have played out if Maul was killed on the big screen by Obi Wan while Anakin was his Padawan. Maybe Anakin being shown as a less rebellious and more straight edged guy. Seeing his master kill Maul in anger after begging Obi Wan to spare his life and be tried (Mirroring the Palps scene) Anakin begins to fall to the dark side by questioning the Jedi. We could have the Emperor revealing himself to anaking while showing him visions of Mace Windu killing innocents and other hippocratic moved from the Council.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Wrong.

Prequels: RotS, TPM, AotC

Original trilogy: RotJ, ESB, New Hope

New Saga: Rogue One, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker, Solo

Overall:

RotJ
ESB
New Hope
RotS
Rogue One
Force Awakens
TPM
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Solo
AotC
You're list is correct. If it's a list of random star wars movies

On 08/05/2020 at 17:17, Bully Wee Villa said:

Attack of the Clones is less racist than Phantom Menace and has more Yoda. It is still shite but way better than TPM. You can easily skip both of them though, to be fair. Revenge of the Sith is quite good, even despite the worst efforts of Christensen and Portman. I mean it isn't proper good like the original series. But I enjoy it.

The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels because they're all poorly-written and badly acted messes but Phantom is the most stupid, egregiously racist and, I think, counter-intuitively written which makes it the most interesting to talk about. None of them are actively worth watching unless you're trying to take sandpaper and smooth out your brain

2 hours ago, yoda said:

A good measure of a person's character is whether or not they rate The Last Jedi.

A couple of mis-steps aside, it's comfortably the best of the prequel and sequels. 

If you like the Last Jedi then I'm glad you judge my character wrongly, Master Yoda. You were pish in that film too.

Why weren't you helping out on the Death Star 2 firing lightning about and not just sitting on your green arse?

2 hours ago, yoda said:

A good measure of a person's character is whether or not they rate The Last Jedi.

A couple of mis-steps aside, it's comfortably the best of the prequel and sequels. 

Its the last Star Wars film I ever watched. It was tonally a total mess and "broke" the rules of the universe. Going hyperspace at anything destroys it then every climactic space battle in the series made no sense. Like a lot of the scifi, fantasy and comic book stuff that is knocked out these days, they want the built in audience but do not respect the source material. 

Rogue One is the best thing to come out since Return of the Jedi. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If you like the Last Jedi then I'm glad you judge my character wrongly, Master Yoda. You were pish in that film too.

Why weren't you helping out on the Death Star 2 firing lightning about and not just sitting on your green arse?

Because he was dead.

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

Its the last Star Wars film I ever watched. It was tonally a total mess and "broke" the rules of the universe. Going hyperspace at anything destroys it then every climactic space battle in the series made no sense. Like a lot of the scifi, fantasy and comic book stuff that is knocked out these days, they want the built in audience but do not respect the source material. 

Rogue One is the best thing to come out since Return of the Jedi. 

It's written for  moronic 12 year olds. You could put a kangaroo in the movie and they won't care.