Club DOSS

At the end of May, some chancer decided to start a group called 'Club DECE' and managed to enlist a bunch of other chancers to join him. They proceeded to annoy everyone else with their 'hashtag banter', along with the fact that they have taken a perfectly good word (decent) and shortened it to make an inferior word which means the exact same thing.

In Club DOSS, we will use a superior word which hasn't undermined the English language. 'Doss' was a popular word in Scotland during the late 1990s and early 2000s, and it will be our aim to re-invent it and push it back into the mainstream.

Doss = very good, great, excellent etc.

Will you be accepted into Club DOSS?

Well, ask yourself a few questions. Do you dislike Club DECE? Do you accept that 'doss' is a superior word, and are you willing to use it regularly? If so, you will be welcomed with open arms.

Club DOSS - The Rules

No hashtags ever.

As an empathetic group, we will be interested to hear how each other is feeling instead of pretending to be alpha male and bragging about how 'reem' we are. Therefore, we will use the classic Facebook gimmick of telling everyone how we are feeling.

E.G. Feeling like revolution is in the air

Feeling like Big Rob's presence in Club DECE has ruined their credibility.

If you wish to join Club DOSS, please declare your interest. Club DECE have stated that they don't care about Club DOSS, so I fully expect none of them to bother us in this thread.

No DOSS? Your loss.

1. The Real Saints

2. SweeperDee

3. Hedgecutter

4. NorthAyrshireKillie

5. Derek Patterson

6. GordieBoy80

7. invergowrie arab

8. Skintight

9. Mik

10. Kyle

11. die hard doonhamer

12. Ranaldo Bairn

13. Addie

14. Confidemus

15. YassinMoutaouakil

16. Mr Parstastic

17. Deeboy

18. jagfox

19. Rod

20. hoopy1967

21. AberdeenBud

22. mcjimbob_dfc

23. Shelldon

24. sjc

25. tree house tam

26. SteelJag

27. philpy

28. keyser_soze

29. LarkyTon

30. Adam

31. speccy1984

32. endieinreekie

33. BarraJag

Honorary mascot: Conya Doss, well-known smooth r'n'b singer of 'So Fly' fame.

Sponsors: Doss Blockos (doss lager)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is utterly tragic.

Thought that I'd struggle to get people convinced at first, but you have just done my job for me.

Feeling that Big Rob is a tragic poster and that people would jump off a cliff if he told them not to. Feeling optimistic now.

Doss means thick btw. As in if someone walks into a door it's perfectly acceptable to reply with, "you doss c**t".

Yes. But if you say this club is 'doss', it means 'great'. Check the definition I posted earlier, then feel free to join the group.

I just consulted an Arbroathian on this.

Reaction 1: Laughter, not heard that in years!

Reaction 2: It means 'good' to him.

I shall use this in the positive sense from now on, hence Club Dece is now far from DOSS.

I just consulted an Arbroathian on this.

Reaction 1: Laughter, not heard that in years!

Reaction 2: It means 'good' to him.

I shall use this in the positive sense from now on, hence Club Dece is now far from DOSS.

Exactly, welcome to Club DOSS. feeling optimistic

Yes. But if you say this club is 'doss', it means 'great'. Check the definition I posted earlier, then feel free to join the group.

Only in Perthshire and Angus (what happened, did the telegraph message get scramble on it's way north?) You can't call it 'Doss' and not expect those of us from civilisation not to use the correct meaning for the term.

Doss means thick btw. As in if someone walks into a door it's perfectly acceptable to reply with, "you doss c**t".

Ah, this was probably what I was thinking, hence thinking of the negative aspect.

So it's both negative and positive?

So... Club DECE is full of doss c***s whilst Club DOSS is well DOSS.

Got it.

Only in Perthshire and Angus (what happened, did the telegraph message get scramble on it's way north?) You can't call it 'Doss' and not expect those of us from civilisation not to use the correct meaning for the term.

As said in the first post, we are looking to re-invent the word 'doss' whch means 'good/great/very good' and push it into the mainstream. Let's spread it beyond Perthshire and Angus. The other definition is irrelevant here.

Teuchter club IMO.

Can I add you to the list?

I feel genuine disgust at Club DECE, the "reem" patter epitomeses all that is wrong with 21st British culture, it is most certainly not Doss, Do I qualify?

Get in here, son. You've made the right decision. feeling proud at what we have achieved so far

Archived