Manic Street Preachers

AirdrieGuy

As far as I'm aware, Public Service Broadcasting are supporting at the Barrowlands. You should check them out. They sample old PSAs and put music around them. A really interesting concept and they work it pretty well. Spitfire and Everest are cracking.

As far as I'm aware, Public Service Broadcasting are supporting at the Barrowlands. You should check them out. They sample old PSAs and put music around them. A really interesting concept and they work it pretty well. Spitfire and Everest are cracking.

They are indeed. I'm not a huge fan of the MSP, but when my mate said that Public Service Broadcasting were supporting I was instantly jealous.

As an aside, PSB are playing Oran Mor and The Picture House in early November.

• 1 month later...

Good to see the new album is getting good reviews, a lot of people saying it is refreshing that they keep trying new things. I've listened to the first half of it and it is enjoyable. Not troubling album of the year but still very good effort. JDB has got to be one of the most underrated front-men in British music. His vocals on the title track when he kicks in are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

They played Sleepflower in Manchester on this tour but it was dedicated to the guy who runs one of their fan sites so I thought it'd be a one off. I think that's the 12th time I've seen them and it's the first time they've played it. With Motown Junk it was probably my highlight. Revol was great as well actually.

Like how he played a bit of Chance and Into The Valley as well.

Public Service Broadcasting were also excellent. An all round great gig.

I think the main difference between this gig and the Academy one on the Postcards tour was the crowd. I thought it seemed a bit dead that night but last night seemed to have a cracking atmosphere to it. "Revol" is a fucking vicious song played live. Seen them so much and never heard them play that. "A Design for Life" always steals the show for me and last night was no different.

Does anyone else thinking they're gonna tour "The Holy Bible" next year on the 20th anniversary?

I think the main difference between this gig and the Academy one on the Postcards tour was the crowd. I thought it seemed a bit dead that night but last night seemed to have a cracking atmosphere to it. "Revol" is a fucking vicious song played live. Seen them so much and never heard them play that. "A Design for Life" always steals the show for me and last night was no different.

Does anyone else thinking they're gonna tour "The Holy Bible" next year on the 20th anniversary?

That would be outstanding. I was wondering if they would do a full album performance similar to when they did all of JFPL. I was a bit surprised they didn't play anything from Know Your Enemy...:lol:

I picked up the PBS album this morning before I left Glasgow. Pretty good. I like Everest and Spitfire.

Wee bit late posting on here, nearly a week since the best gig ever!!

PSB were superb, especially with that heckler,shouting "Yer shite, f**k off! " Spitfire and psb theme were brilliant,but one song, which I had never heard before stood out, "Signal 30" my boy said it was just like a wall of sound rushing at you at 70mph :D

The Manics, I have followed them since the beginning,although I have only seen them once ,on their first tour, just blew me away Motorcycle was amazing,the new ones were great, especially "My Sullen Welsh Heart" his acoutisc set was superb, the everlasting had and always does,bring tears to my eyes .No words can describe hearing Motown ,you love us and Revol live, the crowd were fantastic and I cannot wait until April :D

post-39346-0-57363900-1380967216_thumb.j post-39346-0-65143300-1380967575_thumb.j

Edited by rustyarabnuts