Manic Street Preachers

AirdrieGuy

I remember seeing them on the forever delayed tour and one of the lads with us must have only listened to the album and knew next to nothing about the band, they were setting up the stage and when Nicky wires mic came out he asked what the f**k is that.
Then of course the videos at the start, clips of videos and gigs, flashing the words you love us, we love you and straight into the gig. Fucking magic. First time I heard roses live too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/05/2020 at 11:34, RiG said:

This was the first time I saw the Manics on the Know Your Enemy tour. Can't recall some of those songs being performed since then :lol:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/manic-street-preachers/2001/barrowland-glasgow-scotland-33d75449.html

This was the first time I saw them

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/manic-street-preachers/1996/the-sands-centre-carlisle-england-33d75009.html

I'd genuinely forgotten the Know Your Enemy album.  Maybe for the best.

On 19/07/2021 at 01:09, Eednud said:

From new album due for release in September.

Tell you what, Julia Cumming can preach manically to me whenever she wants.  Sunflower Bean are great.

Edit: I also quite like that, and I haven’t said that about a Manics song for a while.  They do all look like they should present late afternoon shows on Radio 5 Live though.

Edit 2:  I’ve just discovered that my HomePod bleeps out Julia Cumming’s surname.  

Edit 3:  First time I saw the Manics was in an 80,000 seater baseball stadium in Chiba, Japan.  James Bradfield missed the opening line for A Design For Life,  and was livid with himself.  

Edited by Savage Henry

On 16/05/2020 at 10:38, RiG said:

I adore La Tristesse Durera but that was a tough one. That gig is amazing. I had it on VHS and knew where all the songs started :lol: Much easier with a DVD of course.

absolute banger

one of my favourite manics tunes

On 10/09/2021 at 15:05, Savage Henry said:

Tell you what, Julia Cumming can preach manically to me whenever she wants.

The Manics have form for duetting with outstanding women.  I still think fondly about the video for Your Love Alone Is Not Enough with Nina Persson.

On 10/09/2021 at 15:05, Savage Henry said:

Tell you what, Julia Cumming can preach manically to me whenever she wants.  Sunflower Bean are great.

On 16/09/2021 at 10:52, KnightswoodBear said:

The Manics have form for duetting with outstanding women.  I still think fondly about the video for Your Love Alone Is Not Enough with Nina Persson.

Confusingly, I didn't realise that the lassie in the video isn't Julia Cumming, but Welsh actress Aimee Ffion Edwards who was in Peaky Blinders 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2020 at 11:34, RiG said:

This was the first time I saw the Manics on the Know Your Enemy tour. Can't recall some of those songs being performed since then :lol:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/manic-street-preachers/2001/barrowland-glasgow-scotland-33d75449.html

And of course some Know Your Enemy stuff was played last night at The Usher Hall. Let Robeson Sing getting a rare outing. Decent gig though and some of the new stuff sounds decent enough but it's always going to be about the likes of Motorcycle Emptiness, A Design For Life etc. Nice to hear Slash and Burn again.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...