Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

It is by and large a very fucked up organisation, last year my daughter had her first communion and we had a party afterwards(bouncy castles etc..) gave a sort of open invite to the guys from work if they wanted to come along and bring their kids etc... one of the guys who came was infact in the OO ,stayed for a couple of hours had a chat and so on, a couple of weeks later I was told he was being investigated by his lodge that he had been to a celebration which defied the rules of the OO and would be disciplined accordingly, he was banned from attending 3 marches or something...all because he let his kids have a go on some bouncy castles and had a bbq at our house.  :1eye

No offence but that's bullshit. The OO only states that members must not take part in mass. Members are still allowed to attend funerals weddings or any other events in chapels.

It is by and large a very fucked up organisation, last year my daughter had her first communion and we had a party afterwards(bouncy castles etc..) gave a sort of open invite to the guys from work if they wanted to come along and bring their kids etc... one of the guys who came was infact in the OO ,stayed for a couple of hours had a chat and so on, a couple of weeks later I was told he was being investigated by his lodge that he had been to a celebration which defied the rules of the OO and would be disciplined accordingly, he was banned from attending 3 marches or something...all because he let his kids have a go on some bouncy castles and had a bbq at our house. :1eye

And that wasn't even a church ceremony, just a kids party.

Dirty dave says they're not sectarian though.

Edited by Half Rice Half Chips

It is by and large a very fucked up organisation, last year my daughter had her first communion and we had a party afterwards(bouncy castles etc..) gave a sort of open invite to the guys from work if they wanted to come along and bring their kids etc... one of the guys who came was infact in the OO ,stayed for a couple of hours had a chat and so on, a couple of weeks later I was told he was being investigated by his lodge that he had been to a celebration which defied the rules of the OO and would be disciplined accordingly, he was banned from attending 3 marches or something...all because he let his kids have a go on some bouncy castles and had a bbq at our house. :1eye

I'd love to know what rule he broke - I was in a house one night when the priest was there/came in (can't remember which now) and prayers were said (can't remember what for now) I wonder what rule that broke?

Attending a party isn't breaking any Orange Order rules.

Where does it say anywhere that the orange order "hate" Roman Catholics or any other religion?

The EDL say that they are only opposed to 'militant' Islam.

The BNP say that they are standing up for the rights of white Britons.

These sorts of groups very rarely reveal their true nature through public statements, only through the actions and attitudes of their members.

I'd have thought the Orange Order would have been given him a commendation for getting his kids to do the bouncy at some Catholic's communion & had him put on the fast track programme to become Grandmaster of the Marzipan or whatever they call their upper echelons.

I'd love to know what rule he broke - I was in a house one night when the priest was there/came in (can't remember which now) and prayers were said (can't remember what for now) I wonder what rule that broke?

Attending a party isn't breaking any Orange Order rules.

as I said I was just told he was being investigated , wether he actually was or not god knows,as we all know the OO in rural areas and the OO in the town/cities tend to have a different outlook . to be honest I was a little surprised he came in the first place.

Easy to come on here and make up some bullshit story about a guy getting a 3 walk ban :lol: for going to a bouncy castle event.

Co Down Hibee doesn't usually make up bullshit, in my experience.

Having said that, it sounds like somebody on the wind up.

as I said I was just told he was being investigated , wether he actually was or not god knows,as we all know the OO in rural areas and the OO in the town/cities tend to have a different outlook .

No it isn't. The OO have the same rules for lodges in cities or towns or anywhere.

Must try harder.

No it isn't. The OO have the same rules for lodges in cities or towns or anywhere.

Must try harder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14920403

Two Ulster Unionists, including the leader Tom Elliot, are to face disciplinary proceedings by the Orange Order for going to the Catholic funeral of murdered policeman Ronan Kerr.

It follows a formal complaint by a lodge in Sandy Row in Belfast.

The complaint alleges Mr Elliott and Danny Kennedy "have sold their principles for political expediency".

Are you for real? Do you know why the Protestant faith was set up? Why would a protestant want to take part in mass? Why would a roman catholic be so upset about not being allowed to join the OO?

You didn't really answer my question

Does it just extend to anything Catholic or does it cover all religions?

as I said I was just told he was being investigated , wether he actually was or not god knows,as we all know the OO in rural areas and the OO in the town/cities tend to have a different outlook . to be honest I was a little surprised he came in the first place.

Must try harder.

The Rules are the same, but the interpretation/outlook is different.