Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Disappointing lack of Cricket in those videos

Now, I'm no fan of cricket, not at all. But if I had to choose between it and that nonsense it would be the sound of leather on willow for me , all the way!

Now, I'm no fan of cricket, not at all. But if I had to choose between it and that nonsense it would be the sound of leather on willow for me , all the way!

I for one am delighted that you took the effort to click on the thread and make a post purely to let everyone know how disinterested you are. Belter of a contribution.

I for one am delighted that you took the effort to click on the thread and make a post purely to let everyone know how disinterested you are. Belter of a contribution.

You're not too bright, are you?

Get a grip. It's equivalent to US troops celebrating the 4th of July or French troops celebrating the storming of the Bastille. Much of the UK's constitution rightly or wrongly revolves around the Glorious Revolution.

:wacko:

Get a grip. It's equivalent to US troops celebrating the 4th of July or French troops celebrating the storming of the Bastille. Much of the UK's constitution rightly or wrongly revolves around the Glorious Revolution.

You are aware that the orange order are an openly sectarian organisation, right?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/news-analysis/diluted-orange-still-a-force-in-ulster-society-28646553.html

"The Orange Order's prohibitions on members marrying Catholics or attending Catholic services, and expulsions for these 'religious offences', while not numerically large, remain the most common type of ejection."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/news-analysis/diluted-orange-still-a-force-in-ulster-society-28646553.html

"The Orange Order's prohibitions on members marrying Catholics or attending Catholic services, and expulsions for these 'religious offences', while not numerically large, remain the most common type of ejection."

Doesn't make it "sectarian".

It is by and large a very fucked up organisation, last year my daughter had her first communion and we had a party afterwards(bouncy castles etc..) gave a sort of open invite to the guys from work if they wanted to come along and bring their kids etc... one of the guys who came was infact in the OO ,stayed for a couple of hours had a chat and so on, a couple of weeks later I was told he was being investigated by his lodge that he had been to a celebration which defied the rules of the OO and would be disciplined accordingly, he was banned from attending 3 marches or something...all because he let his kids have a go on some bouncy castles and had a bbq at our house. :1eye