Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Don't get me wrong, what consenting adults do within the confines of their cricket pitch doesn't bother me. As long as they don't get all in your face about it and start trying to have children

Incase you missed it, I am being facetious. It is fucking boring though, right up there with baseball.

Aye I know. I only started getting in to it when my boy began to play. I stand by my remark, though. The blokes on the cricket thread are great and there is no acrimony. This is where I met Belfast Tim, who is a decent bloke.

Duckworth Lewis doesn't come into it after all

ICC Intercontinental Cup is two innings each

Play restarts at 10:00 tomorrow in Dublin with Ireland on 35/0 trailing by 103.

If Jacks Grandad and Belfast Tim get on the road after breakfast they can get their before the first drinks break.

I got inti to cricket more and more when it became apparent just how fucking insane and corrupt it was. Really exciting stuff, just like cycling. I mean, just like cycling the sport itself is complete shit, but it's the 'larger than life characters' like Hansie Cronje that to make it awesome.

I saw Monty Panesar was in bother as well, not for corruption or anything but for being a boorish jake #rolemodel

Duckworth Lewis doesn't come into it after all

ICC Intercontinental Cup is two innings each

Play restarts at 10:00 tomorrow in Dublin with Ireland on 35/0 trailing by 103.

If Jacks Grandad and Belfast Tim get on the road after breakfast they can get their before the first drinks break.

Only if I'm allowed to wear an orange bowler...

It's Lunch in Dublin

Ireland 239/5 (63.0 ov) with Two Half centuries

Ireland lead by 101 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Ireland were 174/2 at one stage. I suspect they might be hurrying the game up in the knowledge that a big score with plenty of time to bowl at Scotland might be better than a huge score that takes them all day.

The forecast for tomorrow is good so this will probably produce a result

51/6

Scotland need 161 runs to even make Ireland bat again.

The home crowd will be doffing their bowlers and waving their shillelaghs* in salute of their teams efforts

* What is the plurals of shillelagh?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

• 3 weeks later...