Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Indeed. I would challenge any of our brave posters to try living in an area like Ballysillan, or numerous other areas of Belfast, and be outspoken against the paramilitaries. My mother often slaughtered them when we had guests in the house, but doing it to their balaclava covered faces is an entirely different thing and I certainly wouldn't have wanted her to put herself at risk. The Peace People tried it and drew huge numbers on their walks, but they too were attacked and eventually faded out. Don't tell me that every area of Northern Ireland harbours terrorists though, or that everyone supports them, either tacitly or overtly. There are numerous quiet little areas of the country where people rub along together and get on with their lives. As Co.Down Hibee quite rightly points out, the IRA/UVF money/funding came more from protection rackets and pubs and clubs that they owned, not to mention many sympathisers all over the world, including quite a large number in Scotland.

I had a run in with the local UDA arsehole and ended up in hospital with a depressed fracture of the cheek bone and two teeth knocked out, not to mention a rather nice collection of bruises, when he got his "team" round to my local pub that night. Just for good measure they leathered my friend as well, so I know how these scumbags work and what the effects are.

Political marching is a basic right in the free world, it doesn't make you a terrorist. :rolleyes:

the majority of protestants and catholics, pretty much the entire Chinese community and can't remember too many Asians getting involved in anything,

What political marches do the Chinese do that are comparable to Orange Marches and the Republican equivalent? I'm genuinely interested to know.

As for statistically significant, Chinese is the second most spoken language in Norn Iron, ahead of Irish. They make up a large part of the population and, unlike you, have a positive side.

As they say in places other than Norn Iron, "gies the stats". Again I'm not saying you are making stuff up, just wanting to know.

Indeed. I would challenge any of our brave posters to try living in an area like Ballysillan, or numerous other areas of Belfast, and be outspoken against the paramilitaries. My mother often slaughtered them when we had guests in the house, but doing it to their balaclava covered faces is an entirely different thing and I certainly wouldn't have wanted her to put herself at risk. The Peace People tried it and drew huge numbers on their walks, but they too were attacked and eventually faded out. Don't tell me that every area of Northern Ireland harbours terrorists though, or that everyone supports them, either tacitly or overtly. There are numerous quiet little areas of the country where people rub along together and get on with their lives. As Co.Down Hibee quite rightly points out, the IRA/UVF money/funding came more from protection rackets and pubs and clubs that they owned, not to mention many sympathisers all over the world, including quite a large number in Scotland.

I had a run in with the local UDA arsehole and ended up in hospital with a depressed fracture of the cheek bone and two teeth knocked out, not to mention a rather nice collection of bruises, when he got his "team" round to my local pub that night. Just for good measure they leathered my friend as well, so I know how these scumbags work and what the effects are.

Conclusive evidence that NI is a horrible backwards state. Speak out against certain people and you put your life at risk.

What political marches do the Chinese do that are comparable to Orange Marches and the Republican equivalent? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Orange marches aren't political, and you might want to read the post again.

:lol:

Indeed. I would challenge any of our brave posters to try living in an area like Ballysillan, or numerous other areas of Belfast, and be outspoken against the paramilitaries.

Why would anyone want to live in your shithole? If you're feeling tainted by association with bigots and murderers - and you should - then move to a country that isn't trapped in the 17th Century.

Straightforward stuff but it appears 'bravely' living alongside scumbags is the bleeding heart alternative.

Well they kind of are political but I did misread your post.

I would always say they aren't a political march as such personally, to me a political march is when you are trying to promote an idea or change something, so for example the Anglo-Irish agreement marches or the hunger strike marches would be political marches, the Orange Order stuff is more about commemorating an event albeit a political one, they aren't actually trying to do anything by marching it is just an annual thing, of course the orange Parades are now deeply drawn into politics, of course many would disagree with me but just my opinion.

As AVF has already pointed out yes people knew who the paramilitries were usually within certain communities but you would have been mad to go to the police about them when they were at there peak.As for funding, yes no question there were people who did willingly give money to them but the majority came from organised crime and the majority of people who gave to the paramilitiries did so because of protection rackets, not voluntarily.

It is very easy to sit in front of a keyboard and be the upstanding moral objector but actually living through it would have been a different ball game.

It's presumably much easier to not only sit back and live among terrorists, bigots and criminals, but to fund, provide safe houses and even vote for them in your diddy Parliament elections.

Why didn't the fine upstanding majority of Norn Irish people move?

Please feel free to boast about all the oil you have and the number of Scots achievers you know of to back up your non-existent argument. I'll chuckle to myself as I think of you boasting about a country where 21% of people surveyed think a jammy piece constitutes one of their "five a day".

I'm content to live in an economically prosperous nation that isn't scrounging off the state, thanks for playing anyway. At literally no round of top trumps would the failed statelet come even close to the standard of living in Scotland.

As for statistically significant, Chinese is the second most spoken language in Norn Iron, ahead of Irish. They make up a large part of the population and, unlike you, have a positive side.

Oh dear...

Norn Ireland has a population of 1.811 million at the last census. Of which, just 6300 were of Chinese origin, and 6200 of Indian origin. Norn Ireland's population is 98.2% white. Quite clearly then the Chinese do not make up "a large part of the population" (actually around 0.3%), so you were talking shite.

Meanwhile 3.7% of the Norn Irish claimed the ability to "speak, read, write and understand Irish", which amounts to 67,000 people, or ten times the number of residents of Chinese origin. Presumably your home-grown bigots must be enrolling in Chinese lessons between murdering each other.

A quite comprehensive fail on your part.

Edited by vikingTON

It's presumably much easier to not only sit back and live among terrorists, bigots and criminals, but to fund, provide safe houses and even vote for them in your diddy Parliament elections.

I'm content to live in an economically prosperous nation that isn't scrounging off the state, thanks for playing anyway. At literally no round of top trumps would the failed statelet come even close to the standard of living in Scotland.

Oh dear...

Norn Ireland has a population of 1.811 million at the last census. Of which, just 6300 were of Chinese origin, and 6200 of Indian origin. Norn Ireland's population is 98.2% white. Quite clearly then the Chinese do not make up "a large part of the population" (actually around 0.3%), so you were talking shite.

Meanwhile 3.7% of the Norn Irish claimed the ability to "speak, read, write and understand Irish", which amounts to 67,000 people, or ten times the number of residents of Chinese origin. Presumably your home-grown bigots must be enrolling in Chinese lessons between murdering each other.

Oh my look who it is the Greenock White Knight,...please tell me you really didn't research all those stats...your life = :lol::(

I would always say they aren't a political march as such personally, to me a political march is when you are trying to promote an idea or change something, so for example the Anglo-Irish agreement marches or the hunger strike marches would be political marches, the Orange Order stuff is more about commemorating an event albeit a political one, they aren't actually trying to do anything by marching it is just an annual thing, of course the orange Parades are now deeply drawn into politics, of course many would disagree with me but just my opinion.

That's right, they're 'traditional'. Really, Hibee, you might want to revise your definition of the word 'political'.

Oh dear...

What's the ethnic make-up of the 98.2% white? Any idea? :unsure2:

That's right, they're 'traditional'. Really, Hibee, you might want to revise your definition of the word 'political'.

I'm not a fan of them by any means I just wouldn't really say they are political marches thats all, I actually think that calling them political marches elevates it to a status it doesn't really deserve.

Oh my look who it is the Greenock White Knight,...please tell me you really didn't research all those stats...your life = :lol::(

If by "research all those stats" you mean 'read a fully referenced Wikipedia page that took a single Google search to find' then yes.

Perhaps had any of your collective losers carried out some basic research before making claims on here, you wouldn't have made a complete fool of yourself.

But here we are.

What's the ethnic make-up of the 98.2% white? Any idea? :unsure2:

About 92% Norn Irish, 4% rest of UK, 1.8% Republic, very little else IIRC.

Edited by vikingTON

If by "research all those stats" you mean 'read a fully referenced Wikipedia page that took a single Google search to find' then yes.

Perhaps had any of your collective losers carried out some basic research before making claims on here, you wouldn't have made a complete fool of yourself.

But here we are.

It just amazes me that the whole thing is so important to you I suppose, still we all need a hobby eh. ;)

But here we are.

It just amazes me that the whole thing is so important to you I suppose, still we all need a hobby eh. ;)

You're just raging that he made you look a tit with your comment about NI having a large Chinese population when it clearly doesn't.

Admit it, you were talking shite.

"The Order sees itself as defending Protestant civil and religious liberties" Took me two seconds to find that. If "protecting civil liberties" isn't political I'm a monkey's uncle. That's before you even get to the "protecting Protestantism" stuff.

You're just raging that he made you look a tit with your comment about NI having a large Chinese population when it clearly doesn't.

Admit it, you were talking shite.

Ah look it's baby VikingTon....i never said we had a large Chinese population ,he asked for significant sections of the community in which i would describe the Chinese population here as significant .

Just a note kid...being VikingTon is bad but being a shit VikingTon is just tragic. Just stop now eh.