Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Big Rob has taken the seamus tactic of just taking every popular opinion on here and just saying the opposite for a reaction. Amazing that it works.

He's either Greggy Wallace or GOW or one of those other shitey Hearts posters, regardless of what team he claims to support.

Orange walks shouldn't be banned, as such - what should happen is that they should say 'Guys, we're just making c***s of ourselves here - let's go home'.

Well that’s just silly. There is a well-trod path from The Reformation to The Revolution of 1688 and then to The Enlightenment. This is a good thing.

The OO celebrate one part of that chain. Best wishes to them.

He's either Greggy Wallace or GOW or one of those other shitey Hearts posters, regardless of what team he claims to support.

It's already been established on the Alias watch thread that I am neither of said posters.

Good try though.

Well that’s just silly.  There is a well-trod path from The Reformation to The Revolution of 1688 and then to The Enlightenment.  This is a good thing.

The OO celebrate one part of that chain.  Best wishes to them.

Aye, and the KKK celebrate the 4th of July. Doesn't mean they're not c***s though.

Well that’s just silly. There is a well-trod path from The Reformation to The Revolution of 1688 and then to The Enlightenment. This is a good thing.

The Enlightenment! :lol:

Marching up and down banging wee drums, and tooting wee flutes and whistles, while wearing orange tunics - how enlightened!

You do know that Rousseau converted from Protestantism to Catholicism, don't you?

:lol:

And when does this kick in in Scotland?

I think it kicked in around 1750.

In what way has this "been established"?

In just about every thread I post in, I get dragged in to a discussion about which alias I am.

I can't be fucked discussing this anymore.

Just have a wee look on the alias watch thread.

Edited by Big Rob

In just about every thread I post in, I get dragged in to a discussion about which alias I am.

I can't be fucked discussing this anymore.

Just have a wee look on the alias watch thread.

Seems legit IMO

Scots philosophers were among the leading lights of the Enlightenment, as you probably know - not that it's got anything to do with orange walks, mind!

It appears we as a nation were more enlightened in the 1700s.

Seriously though this practice is embarrassing for me as a Scotsmen and I think the vast majority would agree with me.