Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I don't think they should be banned but I wish they would f**k off.

ARe there more or less of these than in decades gone by?

Exactly how I feel mate.

I would imagine there are more nowadays than there used to be, not a weekend passes down here where there isn't one, the joys of living 2 miles away from Kilwinning :lol:

Not trolling.

Just don't understand the hatred for the Orange Order.

I don't particularly like them, but I don't hate them either.

A bit of intolerance for your neighbour's religion never did anyone any harm, all good clean fun.

Showing this lifestyle choice off in public is a right and should not be clamped down on, freedom of speech, don't take away our music, right to march and all that is good in a society that fears to offend, even for those that set out to do just that. But hey ho!, its the summer and all the tourists will stand by and take photos and enjoy the colourful display of uniforms, orange sashes, union flags and marching music.

In your opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with it? You don't think its incendiary and possibly offensive to Catholics in Glasgow.

For the same reason Anjem Choudary is allowed to protest soldiers funerals.

People who find Orange walks offensive need to get a grip, IMO.

So you are against another religion and their beliefs? You're a bigot then, simple as that.

Its painfully got fuckall to do with religion you ignoramus. I actually know most of the Ardrossan winton flute band through school and I guarantee none of them go to church on Sundays :lol:

Your post is testament to the problems we have in the west of Scotland frankly.

At the end of the day, your all supposed to be Christians, no?

Edited by NorthAyrshireKillie

Big Rob McKee has taken the seamus tactic of just taking every popular opinion on here and just saying the opposite for a reaction. Amazing that it works.

In Scotland, the majority of general public are opposed to Orange Marches, as shown by research carried out by Glasgow City Council in 2001 (based on a representative sample of 1,000 adults) which revealed that 53% of people were in favour or strongly in favour of banning Orange Marches, with 16% undecided and 24% in favour or strongly in favour.[10] It is accepted that matters such as national days are marked by parades by other organisations (whether religious or representing other groups) such as the Scouts and the Boys' Brigade but apart from one-off anniversaries such as centenaries, that tends to be the limit of such activity. This is in stark contrast to Orange Walks which - in some areas of Glasgow - can be heard/seen almost every weekend during parts of the summer months. The Order's public position on its "rights to march" is therefore at odds with more generally accepted views about public demonstrations and/or right to free speech. Consequently, but also due to disproportionate costs, there have been moves to restrict the number of marches, for example by Glasgow City Council.[11] :lol: