Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Jason Holder was backed into a corner where he was going to need to attempt 10 consecutive boundaries to save the match 

He was caught out on the first one 

Scotland Win!

Zimbabwe  and Ireland are the other two in our group and they’re up next 

We destroyed them, ok maybe not on the batting front, but it was a well composed total we got.  (Commentators on my stream were given Munsey some stick for not lashing out during the middle overs)

Bowling was great, after the Sharif 1st over I was like fucking hell, but he got it together.  The change of bowlers was a good tactic.

Best part of the game was when Watt took out his 'notes' read them, then got a wicket 2nd bowl after. I thought mind games a best.

Bad news for Irishmen of both Orange and Green persuasion alike as their team fall away in the second half after their top order melts away cheaply chasing Zimbabwe's 174.
Glasgow Caledonian University Graduate Sikandar Raza making the difference in the Africans' middle order with 82 off 48 balls.

The slightly narrower margin of victory means that Scotland are currently top of the group on net run rate

We play Ireland on Wednesday.  Win that and we might be through to the tournament proper with a game to spare

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not that I really give a toss but this popped up on my phone yesterday and I found it a wee bit surprising. Are Scotland now test cricket material or are the Windies not what they used to be?

Neither, or a bit of both 

The windies aren’t having a good time of it which is why they’re having to play Scotland to try and qualify for the final 12 while the top 8 teams are there by right 

With Afghanistan and Ireland now having test status Scotland look like they’re now at the front of the queue as top ranked non test playing nation in the ODI rankings 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I see we lost to Ireland. Why is there no Northern Ireland team in this sport even though it's no doubt mainly played by Unionists from NI? Answers on a postcard to Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland, Schomberg House, 368 Cregagh Street, Belfast.

The Irish cricket team represents the whole of the island. They play home games in both Dublin and Belfast. 

Ireland beat West Indies relatively comfortably as well 

The West Indies are out and Ireland join the Netherlands and Sri Lanka in the final 12

Scotland are about to face off against Zimbabwe to see who the 12th team is going to be 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

• 1 month later...