Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why cant they hire a park or a field and have their wee bigotfest as a private, ticketed and stewarded event? Why does it need to be the public highway?

High time the country moved on whether these poisonous neanderthal fucks want to move with it or not

The disruption and intimidation is the point 

They want Catholics to see them

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

This is a key point re these arseholes.

They are permanently raging. I dont get it. Literally raging all the time

"ThEyrE DesTRoyING OUr CuLTuRE"

Seems to be the constant rallying call for these guys. You're right, they're constantly stirred up into permanent rage and insanity. Must be so tiring.

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

To be fair it's probably a natural reaction to middle class people wanting you banned off the streets and people having meltdowns on social media because they have poor people in their gentrified neighbourhood. 

Are you not the guy who was talking last year about going to Australia for a surfing holiday? Because if we're just pointing vaguely at things and saying "middle class" I'll take that one ta 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Are you not the guy who was talking last year about going to Australia for a surfing holiday? Because if we're just pointing vaguely at things and saying "middle class" I'll take that one ta 

I went to the Phillipines. It cost me about two grand. I saved for a year out my less than average wage income.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I went to the Phillipines. It cost me about two grand. I saved for a year out my less than average wage income.

Aye sorry asian surfing holidays are every bit (more so) middle class than *checks notes* complaining about Orange Walks, something which has attracted dissent since their inception

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye sorry asian surfing holidays are every bit (more so) middle class than *checks notes* complaining about Orange Walks, something which has attracted dissent since their inception

*checks notes* is amongst the absolute worst of patter. 

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Went to watch the 12th activities at Broughshane a few years back. All very civilised, e.g. young lassies' accordion band as first element of the parade. Listened to Jim Allister ranting about the Irish Language Act and the fiendish EU. Some fat middle-aged blokes (who looked like they had Lambeg drums stowed under their shirts) struggling to carry the real drums. Looked odds on for coronaries.

Announcer paid tribute to the guy on the horse who supplied his own steed and regalia. didn't bring his own mole hill, however.

483820474_photo259.jpg.1fe3210a8451495deb038b801da2e251.jpg

Even the horse looks embarrassed to be there

15 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The holiday was just me using my saved wages to buy stuff. That's as daft as saying eating olives is middle class.

The reaction to the Orange Walk is obviously complex but a lot of it is the same kind of repulsion from the type of people who talk about 'scum'. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The reaction to the Orange Walk is obviously complex but a lot of it is the same kind of repulsion from the type of people who talk about 'scum'. 

So it's supporting the Orange Order to own the libs then? Given there's no real basis for what you're describing and we both know that people, strangely enough mainly working class Catholics, have protested these events since their inception in Scotland

50 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I can't speak for anybody else, but the only reason I dislike these marches is because some of the participants might be working-class. Struggling to think of any other reasons why I, or others, might find them a bit distasteful. 

Can confirm that this is the worst part about seeing them march through my residence in Govan.