Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

The  European qualification  group for the Women's world T20 has started in Spain

A comfortable win for Scotland against the Netherlands and an  Irish  thumping of Germany means that tomorrows match against the Irish already looks like the decider (with all due  respect  to France)

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

20 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The  European qualification  group for the Women's world T20 has started in Spain

A comfortable win for Scotland against the Netherlands and an  Irish  thumping of Germany means that tomorrows match against the Irish already looks like the decider (with all due  respect  to France)

Some rare good news for fans of Orangery at last

The  Netherlands only needed 21 balls to beat france

Meanwhile Ireland have won the  toss and are 36/2 after 9 overs. 

So that's  all looking  good

47 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Some rare good news for fans of Orangery at last

The  Netherlands only needed 21 balls to beat france

Meanwhile Ireland have won the  toss and are 36/2 after 9 overs. 

So that's  all looking  good

Ireland all  out for 90.
Game on!

With title challengers Ireland and the Netherlands dispatched Scotland now just need to avoid stumbling on the lower hurdles 

Scotland have just bowled out Germany for 36 with the last ball of the 20 overs so one would hope that’s not going to take long to knock off.

France have set Ireland an even more modest target of 25

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 29/08/2021 at 10:51, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With title challengers Ireland and the Netherlands dispatched Scotland now just need to avoid stumbling on the lower hurdles 

Scotland have just bowled out Germany for 36 with the last ball of the 20 overs so one would hope that’s not going to take long to knock off.

France have set Ireland an even more modest target of 25

Scotland are now officially through to  the Women's T20 world Cup. France set them the same target of 25 and they got that  in 14 balls somehow  losing 3 wickets in the process. Presumably the temptation  to  win  the  championship with  a big six got a bit too much. In the end it a wide that pushed Scotland over the line

Meanwhile the Netherlands chasing Irelands  111 fell behind the  pace  slightly and then collapsed somewhat under scoreboard pressure to  finish  on 87

Ireland's menfolk are 1-1 in the  ODI against Zimbabwe who  will  be in  Edinburgh  for  T20 games in  mid  september

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Scotland are now officially through to  the Women's T20 world Cup. France set them the same target of 25 and they got that  in 14 balls somehow  losing 3 wickets in the process. Presumably the temptation  to  win  the  championship with  a big six got a bit too much. In the end it a wide that pushed Scotland over the line

Meanwhile the Netherlands chasing Irelands  111 fell behind the  pace  slightly and then collapsed somewhat under scoreboard pressure to  finish  on 87

Ireland's menfolk are 1-1 in the  ODI against Zimbabwe who  will  be in  Edinburgh  for  T20 games in  mid  september

Sarah Bryce got bowled sweeping one that was too short for the shot. Her sister was out 2 balls later caught (mid on, I think). The third wicket was caught at cover off a horrible slow delivery that was struggling to make it up the other end without a second bounce, very much a shit takes wickets ball.

Anyway, a hugely successful week for the wildcats, excellent to see.

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Sarah Bryce got bowled sweeping one that was too short for the shot. Her sister was out 2 balls later caught (mid on, I think). The third wicket was caught at cover off a horrible slow delivery that was struggling to make it up the other end without a second bounce, very much a shit takes wickets ball.

Anyway, a hugely successful week for the wildcats, excellent to see.

The  kind  of risks you don't mind your top  order taking when  you can take when the  ask is  only  7 from  111 balls

Ireland on  the   other  hand are left sweating  on  the  results   in  the  other regional  qualifiers   to  see   if  they are the  higher placed  in the  ICC  rankings than any of  the other  runners ups

At the  moment it's looking  good for them

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I see there are some folk walking about Glasgow banging drums today. 

Must be said there are a lot of Rangers fans here. I’ve seen a few flag/banners in the crowd with Gerrard’s face on them, much as am not a fan of his, I wonder if he likes his face being used as an image for this? Goes a bit beyond the job description surely?

eta - by here I don’t mean to say I am a marcher 🤣 They are marching past the flat.

Edited by Jambomo

There’s a large dose of “GIRFUY” with these marches and “we’ll damn we’ll do what we like”. I’m 100% of the belief that we, as a free and liberal society should have the tight to march, however everyone else should have the right to not have their daily lives disrupted and businesses suffering financial loss etc. 

My main issue with these marches are the numbskull hangers-on who will be the root of any carry on later. When you see those eejits, you wish we could bring in some Turkish or Chinese coppers with their water cannons and lack of tolerance of “cultural celebrations”.

There’s a large dose of “GIRFUY” with these marches and “we’ll damn we’ll do what we like”. I’m 100% of the belief that we, as a free and liberal society should have the tight to march, however everyone else should have the right to not have their daily lives disrupted and businesses suffering financial loss etc. 

My main issue with these marches are the numbskull hangers-on who will be the root of any carry on later. When you see those eejits, you wish we could bring in some Turkish or Chinese coppers with their water cannons and lack of tolerance of “cultural celebrations”.
Why cant they hire a park or a field and have their wee bigotfest as a private, ticketed and stewarded event? Why does it need to be the public highway?

High time the country moved on whether these poisonous neanderthal fucks want to move with it or not

43 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I see there are some folk walking about Glasgow banging drums today. 

Went to watch the 12th activities at Broughshane a few years back. All very civilised, e.g. young lassies' accordion band as first element of the parade. Listened to Jim Allister ranting about the Irish Language Act and the fiendish EU. Some fat middle-aged blokes (who looked like they had Lambeg drums stowed under their shirts) struggling to carry the real drums. Looked odds on for coronaries.

Announcer paid tribute to the guy on the horse who supplied his own steed and regalia. didn't bring his own mole hill, however.

483820474_photo259.jpg.1fe3210a8451495deb038b801da2e251.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why cant they hire a park or a field and have their wee bigotfest as a private, ticketed and stewarded event? Why does it need to be the public highway?

High time the country moved on whether these poisonous neanderthal fucks want to move with it or not

I’ve actually said the very same thing this morning; don’t know why they couldn’t hire somewhere like a football stadium where they can march away to their hearts’ content, and allow the rest of society to carry on with living in the 21st century.