Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Great to see Glasgow's lads and lassies in loyal orders out celebrating the establishment of parliamentary democracy in the reign of King William II of Scotland:

I also noticed that Motherwell's Apprentice Boys, supported by the Pride of Motherwell FB (founded by a group of M'well fans in the 70s), had a wee dauner through the town to lay a wreath at The Duchess Park.  I assume this was in memory of the Rev George Walker who died at the BotB (and after whom their club is named) on July 1st 1690 (OS):

Its funny when these bands call themselves ‘pride of ‘insert place name’’ when really they’re an absolute riddy for a modern forward thinking country. Just a shower of troglodytes who’s mother got a bit too close to their cousin. The actual knick of these drum banging inbreds marching about as if they are in some way exceptional would be top quality entertainment if they werent such awful awful people. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its funny when these bands call themselves ‘pride of ‘insert place name’’ when really they’re an absolute riddy for a modern forward thinking country. Just a shower of troglodytes who’s mother got a bit too close to their cousin. The actual knick of these drum banging inbreds marching about as if they are in some way exceptional would be top quality entertainment if they werent such awful awful people. 

I thought they were all LGBTQ+ bands.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I thought they were all LGBTQ+ bands.

Alot of them dress in faux military garb but the closest thing any of them have seen to actual military service is that time they were really curious and went to a village people gig. (Btw id absolutely love a village people gig, just dont think id dress up). 
actually maybe i would dress up. Yeh i would. 

I spent my youth and much of my 20s in various staunch villages. One thing I used to find utterly hilarious was when these c***s came into the pub in full regalia after defending Derrys walls by marching around small villages around Falkirk. They would pile in with their white gloves on expecting some sort of heroes reception, like returning heroes of battle.

Absolutely tragic. No ones going to ask you how it went m8, no matter how loudly you try to jabber shite about it.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I spent my youth and much of my 20s in various staunch villages. One thing I used to find utterly hilarious was when these c***s came into the pub in full regalia after defending Derrys walls by marching around small villages around Falkirk. They would pile in with their white gloves on expecting some sort of heroes reception, like returning heroes of battle.

Absolutely tragic. No ones going to ask you how it went m8, no matter how loudly you try to jabber shite about it.

Looking at the nick of them they’ll probably all be in icu with covid in a week anyway. 
I saw an orange walk in the town i grew up in and absolutely to a man all the marchers and hingers on were all the same diddies at school who you’d put money on being members of the lodge. No actual decent person thinks these marches are in any way contributory or enriching of Scotland’s culture. Wtf does a way 400 years ago in another fucking country have to do with us. Get it to f**k. 

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly believe that when you buy / rent a house, you should be informed about your proximity to any Orange lodge / potential marching route. 

Happily, none seem to come near where I live in Glasgow. Which is probably why house prices are rocketing. 

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I honestly believe that when you buy / rent a house, you should be informed about your proximity to any Orange lodge / potential marching route. 

Happily, none seem to come near where I live in Glasgow. Which is probably why house prices are rocketing. 

Clearly you live in a staunch area as they tend to like going past Catholic churches.

Wait till they find out a cardinal lives there, they'll change the route

• 3 weeks later...