Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

The prose is not mine. That particular reference was one that piqued my interest, but as i have no background knowledge, i cannot agree or disagree with you on your point.

To be fair Orangism with it’s parading of icons, weird noisy rituals, fancy colourful outfits and hierarchical structures doesn’t fit those traditions very well either

Anyway we’re underway and it may be that the Zimbabweans luck has changed in the T20

106/3 at the halfway mark

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It wasn't on Heart Hammer's original list of flaws King Billy had, but probably.

Probably didn’t have time to learn to read and write if he was doing that much shagging and fighting.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It wasn't on Heart Hammer's original list of flaws King Billy had, but probably.

Prior to intervention, perhaps you should have worked out that it wasn't MY list.  I only made you aware of that fact around 4 or 5 times right enough.   Auld age, eh ??

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Prior to intervention, perhaps you should have worked out that it wasn't MY list.  I only made you aware of that fact around 4 or 5 times right enough.   Auld age, eh ??

As the poster on this site, it's yours.

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Probably didn’t have time to learn to read and write if he was doing that much shagging and fighting.

With his 10ft willie. The woman next door defeated him with only a garden tool, mind.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As the poster on this site, it's yours.

Sergeant, I'm done with your pedantry.  Please quote me as the poster if you must, but DON'T say that what i clearly indicated was taken from elsewhere is MINE.

There's a guid chap. 

Aye, alright, you have the final word if you have to, to make your uniform twitch in the Trossachs.                               Tennnnnn-hunnnnnnn !!!! 

Just now, hearthammer said:

Sergeant, I'm done with your pedantry.  Please quote me as the poster if you must, but DON'T say that what i clearly indicated was taken from elsewhere is MINE.

There's a guid chap. 

Aye, alright, you have the final word if you have to, to make your uniform twitch in the Trossachs.                               Tennnnnn-hunnnnnnn !!!! 

Yours.

There's a guid chap. 

You may be interested to know that the 36% of Dutch people being Roman Catholic figure is spurious as well.

A slim majority of netherlanders declared themselves as having “no religion” and about half the remainder are Catholic (although they’re generally not that observant) so the 36% figure is too high to be for the total population or too low to be “out of those that expressed a preference”

Source: Statistics Netherlands

https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2018/43/over-half-of-the-dutch-population-are-not-religious

The most likely explanations are that either the 36% number is massively out of date or just made up

I don’t know what private group you copied and pasted it from but I suggest you stop treating it as a reliable source .

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You may be interested to know that the 36% of Dutch people being Roman Catholic figure is spurious as well.

A slim majority of netherlanders declared themselves as having “no religion” and about half the remainder are Catholic (although they’re generally not that observant) so the 36% figure is too high to be for the total population or too low to be “out of those that expressed a preference”

Source: Statistics Netherlands

https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2018/43/over-half-of-the-dutch-population-are-not-religious

The most likely explanations are that either the 36% number is massively out of date or just made up

I don’t know what private group you copied and pasted it from but I suggest you stop treating it as a reliable source .

I just pasted the quote. i did not pursue the veracity of the content, but made sure i said it was an "account" of that period.  It was a comment from a contributor to a site that i hold in the highest regard.  It did not come from the site itself.

This i explained to the auld Sergeant from the outset.  Happy to be corrected and/or educated on things mate.