Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't know you walked.

Keep up. I've said multiple times how ludicrous the walk and order are. I think you are on thin ice when you talk about banning it or similar demonstrations, as you did earlier

You posted an extract  as if the content was revelatory from a "respected" site. I have asked several times which site and you've refused to name it and I can't understand why. Maybe you can explain?

Genuinely curious as to why? Never attended one in my life but any videos that I have seen of them invariably feature audible sectarianism from those in attendance. If we're serious in this country about eradicating sectarianism then why would there be any moral or legal issue in banning it?

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Genuinely curious as to why? Never attended one in my life but any videos that I have seen of them invariably feature audible sectarianism from those in attendance. If we're serious in this country about eradicating sectarianism then why would there be any moral or legal issue in banning it?

Not because of any desire to keep Orange Walks, but I think a general ban might have wider implications on other proper demonstrations. Local councils and police could do more to remove individual permissions and redirect them though.

I always thought marching round Ibrox  or maybe somewhere like a quiet industrial estate that's not used on a Saturday would be a better idea.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't know you walked.

Keep up. I've said multiple times how ludicrous the walk and order are. I think you are on thin ice when you talk about banning it or similar demonstrations, as you did earlier

You posted an extract  as if the content was revelatory from a "respected" site. I have asked several times which site and you've refused to name it and I can't understand why. Maybe you can explain?

I've said it was new to me, not revelatory.  I read many sites to broaden my life knowledge and views.  This was a comment that jumped out at me - nothing more, nothing less.

Your "dug wi' a bone" pursuit of me to reveal from whence it came does not befit a man of your rank.  A corporal would have grasped after my initial response to you that i found it irrelevant in the circumstances as to the source, but was taken by the substance therein.  

Just now, hearthammer said:

I've said it was new to me, not revelatory.  I read many sites to broaden my life knowledge and views.  This was a comment that jumped out at me - nothing more, nothing less.

Your "dug wi' a bone" pursuit of me to reveal from whence it came does not befit a man of your rank.  A corporal would have grasped after my initial response to you that i found it irrelevant in the circumstances as to the source, but was taken by the substance therein.  

That doesn't explain why you won't say which site. If it's respected there shouldn't be a problem. Why won't you say?

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not because of any desire to keep Orange Walks, but I think a general ban might have wider implications on other proper demonstrations. Local councils and police could do more to remove individual permissions and redirect them though.

I always thought marching round Ibrox  or maybe somewhere like a quiet industrial estate that's not used on a Saturday would be a better idea.

I get what you are saying, but other demonstrations don't include people openly singing about 'Fen***s' and the UVF on the streets, which to me is quite blatant criminal behaviour as much as it would be if it were racist or homophobic slurs. 

Treating each demonstration/march (Orange Walks/Scottish Independence Marches/Anti-War Rallies/Pride etc) on it's own merit, there is a clear sinister element to Orange Walks that is simply not in evidence at the others. Banning it is a no-brainer for me.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That doesn't explain why you won't say which site. If it's respected there shouldn't be a problem. Why won't you say?

Sergeant, maybe you should be preparing for your evening drill (oooh, errr, missus) rather than attempting to corner me with your irrelevant pursuit.  I've already interrupted Le Tour and racing from Newmarket to accommodate your correspondence as i don't like being rude by not replying.

However, just digest my post and if you wish to agree/disagree further with any of it, then fire away (see what i did there ??).

At ease, Sergeant.

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:

I get what you are saying, but other demonstrations don't include people openly singing about '******s' and the UVF on the streets, which to me is quite blatant criminal behaviour as much as it would be if it were racist or homophobic slurs. 

Treating each demonstration/march (Orange Walks/Scottish Independence Marches/Anti-War Rallies/Pride etc) on it's own merit, there is a clear sinister element to Orange Walks that is simply not in evidence at the others. Banning it is a no-brainer for me.

If it was my personal choice I would to, but as I said, it might not be that easy legally.

Just now, hearthammer said:

Sergeant, maybe you should be preparing for your evening drill (oooh, errr, missus) rather than attempting to corner me with your irrelevant pursuit.  I've already interrupted Le Tour and racing from Newmarket to accommodate your correspondence as i don't like being rude by not replying.

However, just digest my post and if you wish to agree/disagree further with any of it, then fire away (see what i did there ??).

At ease, Sergeant.

Still no answer then. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Still no answer then. 

I refer the honourable gentleman to the previous 6 or so replies.

Non-comprehension of these does not, i'm afraid, fall to me to clarify further.  Perhaps a Major overview is required ??

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the previous 6 or so replies.

Non-comprehension of these does not, i'm afraid, fall to me to clarify further.  Perhaps a Major overview is required ??

This respected site and source of enlightenment shall remain a mystery then. Today we learned that King Billy was a fat, gay Catholic sympathiser with athsma.

How can you continue to deny us access to this?

Now, now Sergeant.  It would appear that you are the (self-appointed ??) font of all knowledge on this site, so being able to discern between relevant and not relevant should be well within your remit.

By turning personal (even in jest) displays traits of resignation and the battle/war being lost.

"Do you think that's wise, sir ??" 

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Now, now Sergeant.  It would appear that you are the (self-appointed ??) font of all knowledge on this site, so being able to discern between relevant and not relevant should be well within your remit.

By turning personal (even in jest) displays traits of resignation and the battle/war being lost.

"Do you think that's wise, sir ??" 

You made it relevant by posting it. You were quite happy to reproduce a homophobic article and now you're reluctant to reveal the source. If you're happy to post that article you can't really complain about someone saying you might have bad breath.

Now the man in uniform is determined to have the last word so brace yersel for the finale.

Sergeant, i've enjoyed your exchange today, but perhaps you need to understand that you're not in charge here, but just a contributor like the rest of us.  You've made your (numerous) requests that i have politely dismissed as irrelevant, therefore accept it.  I'm not judging you because you either agree or disagree with my posts, but your childlike persistence of the "are we there yet" variety doesn't become you.

Before all the gaudy-coloured Williams and Williaminhas head out today to celebrate their "victory" from some years ago, they might be interested in this account of what actually happened back then and how they are seen and perceived throughout the civilised Scottish world.  These words are taken from a contributor from a respectable site elsewhere :

The Orange Order was always for the Brain Deid. It was constructed on false stories for the Brain Deid to keep Ireland and Scotland divided internally and from each other. Divide and keep conquered.

William of Orange was King James’ Nephew (Son of the King’s sister). William was also the King’s son in law as he was married to Mary, the King’s daughter (marriage of convenience to give him credence as King).

The Pope backed William And gave him a Regiment of Catholic troops at the Boyne. William never said a bad word about his ally the Pope.

William was gay, morbidly obese and asthmatic. He brought Dutch boyfriends to London Court with him and it was a scandal at the time. He made them Dukes. He selected personally only the most handsome footmen. He had a camp and effete obsession with interior design, soft furnishings and having his image painted (selfies).

It was William who fell off his horse (not any Pope). William took an asthmatic attack whilst crossing the river Boyne and fell into the mud on the other side Slippy slope. His entourage dismounted into the mud to save the face down obese Prince (including Dutch gay boyfriends). Their colourful silks all became muddy brown including Williams House of Orange sash. God turned it brown. William of Brown. The House of Brown.

The largest official Religion in The Netherlands today, by ten year census, remains Roman Catholicism at around 36%.

Curious they called it Orange “Order” as all Orders came from Catholicism; Benedictine, Dominican, Franciscan, Jesuits, etc,…. in addition, the Catholic Papal Orders of Chivalry or Knighthood were copied by all European Monarchs; Order of the Garter, Order of the Bath, Order of the Thistle,…

The Orange “Order” remains a bogus or fake “Order” as it was never founded by the Pope or Sovereign Monarch with letters patent and is therefore not an Order at all. It has no Royal Patronage. It is a sectarian extremist hateful mob with an erroneous view of historical events. It needs to be proscribed.

Suggesting that it’s a bogus order because neither the head of the Catholic Church nor the head of the Church of England have given it their blessing is to somewhat miss the point of the Scottish Presbyterian tradition.

There’s probably some Greek monks who would dispute your point as well

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Suggesting that it’s a bogus order because neither the head of the Catholic Church nor the head of the Church of England have given it their blessing is to somewhat miss the point of the Scottish Presbyterian tradition.

The prose is not mine. That particular reference was one that piqued my interest, but as i have no background knowledge, i cannot agree or disagree with you on your point.