Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I reckon savvy estate agents should advertise when a property they're selling does NOT lie on an Orange Order parade route. I've not had to endure one for years and it's been bliss. I'm kinda reticent to say where that is in case the Orange Order get some ideas and decide to bam me up. 

32 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I reckon savvy estate agents should advertise when a property they're selling does NOT lie on an Orange Order parade route. I've not had to endure one for years and it's been bliss. I'm kinda reticent to say where that is in case the Orange Order get some ideas and decide to bam me up. 

^^^Defrocked cardinal now parish priest at St Alphonsus'.

That works in reverse.

“Can I become a Roman Catholic?”

“Probably! Just a few questions”

“Do you believe in God?”

“Yes!”

“Good, just checking (we get some odd people) I assume you accept Jesus as your saviour”

“Of course!”

“How about Social progress, rights for women, gays and such”

“Not my thing”

“Good, good now how do you feel about creepy outdated rituals and old men with funny titles in silly outfits”

“Fucking love them!”

“Great you’re going to fit right in. One last question, just a formality. What do you think of the holy father?”

“He’s the Antichrist”

“We May have a problem”

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2019 at 11:12, The OP said:

Their musical abilities are utterly atrocious.

Idiot found - as if we didn't already ken.

Lots of things to criticise but the musicality of a decent flute band isn't one.  Nice video from Whitburn yesterday:

17 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

An absolute cancer on Scotland.    Imagine being over 14 and taking part in the music or posting this.   

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can't watch that video, there's too much in the thumbnail for me to digest. 

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm not ruining my youtube algorithm by clicking on anything bigoted but my god even just the first frame there looks like an advert for mass sterilisation.

An Orange Walk video on an Orange Walk thread has the diddies wetting their collective knickers.  Disappointing but not surprising.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Think you'll find the thread's about cricket m9

Oh that'll be why it has, "Orange Walk" in the title then.

No wonder you're such a charmer.  With insight like this you could certainly bowl a maiden over.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye, not clicking it either, but I'll add that Mrs Ned's auld Gran was almost a parody level Left Footer and she absolutely loved the tunes.

Personally, despite being CoS and also ex-forces, I think each and every one of them is an absolute fucking simpleton, they stomp around the streets proudly letting the rest of us know that they're into something laughably backwards and utterly pointless whilst dressed in cheap looking comedy clothes - if they didn't do it voluntarily you'd say it was fucking cruel.

15 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Why do they do that thing with the drumsticks under the nose?

It's an old style military salute. Probably feeds into their fantasies of being tough guys.

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

It's an old style military salute. Probably feeds into their fantasies of being tough guys.

That is just brain-dead bollocks.  It's merely a fun, tuneful and colourful  way to celebrate a seminal event in our islands' shared history.  How the f**k can you be a 'tough guy' when playing an accordian to that famous Western number, Home on the Range?

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Idiot found - as if we didn't already ken.

Lots of things to criticise but the musicality of a decent flute band isn't one.  Nice video from Whitburn yesterday:

It’s the troglodytes from Possil and Maryhill I generally have to listen to rather than Whitburn but tbf Whitburn seem to play the same tinny, out-of-tune garbage.

Saw one at the top of High St joining Cathedral St today. Thought “oh f**k here’s a major delay” then all 40 cavemen pass by in seconds. Pleasing to see the organisation seems to be dying Oldco fighting the taxman.