Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

:blink: Evidence of this ludicrous claim please. "Romanticized?"

The BBC have a program every 12th of July where they have reporters following a series of parades across the 6 counties. It's all laughy and smiley and portrayed as a big celebration and carnival type occasion when in reality it is just a supremacist hate fest.

:blink: Evidence of this ludicrous claim please. "Romanticized?"

The BBC showed a programme a few years ago on the 12th of July that very much glorified (heh) the marching season - it was talked about on here.

The commentators were discussing the women's hats like it was ladies day at Ascot :lol:

Presumably you make the same distinction between Hating the Orange Order and hating actual Orangemen

I think there's one key difference: generally you're taken to church and given a religion from infancy, whereas I think I'm right in saying you can't join the OO until you're an adult.

However, since a lot of people will be inculcated into Orangeist bigotry as kids, maybe the distinction doesn't really matter.

Either way, I think sectarianism usually begins at home.

The BBC have a program every 12th of July where they have reporters following a series of parades across the 6 counties. It's all laughy and smiley and portrayed as a big celebration and carnival type occasion when in reality it is just a supremacist hate fest.

That might have something to do with it being a celebration and carnival. Just a thought.

The giveaway is in the name.

The Boyne CELEBRATION.

That might have something to do with it being a celebration and carnival. Just a thought.

The giveaway is in the name.

The Boyne CELEBRATION.

I revert you to the last 3 words of my post, good chap.

BTW, the giveaway is in the name of what? The Boyne celebration isn't the official name for anything. You have just made that up.

There's a difference between hating the Catholic church and hating people who are Catholics.

You think it is one sided? I can only go on personal experience...My wife has been welcomed here by all .... in my group of friends there are a few orangemen..not one of them have a problem with her or her background or political views.

Now take her family and friends in nice little Andytown. They have threatened her and her family. They have threatened me and told me never to go there..et etc etc.

To claim sectarianism and just outright hatred is one sided and a complete nonsense

You think it is one sided? I can only go on personal experience...My wife has been welcomed here by all .... in my group of friends there are a few orangemen..not one of them have a problem with her or her background or political views.

Now take her family and friends in nice little Andytown. They have threatened her and her family. They have threatened me and told me never to go there..et etc etc.

To claim sectarianism and just outright hatred is one sided and a complete nonsense

^^^^ definitely a true story IMO

For anyone who wishes to read an absolutely hilarious book about cricket I recommend Penguins Stopped Play by Harry Thompson. Also Fatty batter isn't a bad read and of course any of Bumbles efforts are worth a look as are any of Aggers.

That's all well and good, but the burning question is "What leg do they bowl with"?